Does anyone here drive a scooter?

I really want to buy one after I save up money. Are they road safe?

2 Likes

That is a really good idea. My drum teacher use to have a motorcycle, and he said…you have to be careful when you are on a motorcycle/scooter. I guess it is because if you get in a wreck, it is worse than when you get in a wreck with a car. Also I barely remember my drum teacher saying that when you are on a scooter/motorcycle it is harder for people to notice you…because scooter are smaller than cars.

2 Likes

Yeah, you really have to be aware of what’s going on around you. Like Jake said, you would be smaller, weigh less, and be less noticeable to drivers in cars.

That said: mopeds and motorcycles are fun though I have little experience with them.

1 Like

I have a lime style escooter. It’s got a 18 mile range and goes 15mph. It needs a tire repaired but I like it for just dinking around

1 Like

Also, in the US, I don’t even need a license, registration, or insurance. So that’s nice

1 Like

I used to ride motorcycles, toying with the idea of getting another. They’re less safe than cars, but also less expensive. In North America most drivers won’t be watching for you. You need to be VERY aware of what is going on around you as you’ll lose any collision with a larger vehicle, likely fatally. Basically assume the other drivers are all out to kill you because they reall are.

I wouldn’t do it. It’s just an accident waiting to happen.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.