Does anyone here breathe out of their mouth?

I breathe out of my mouth always have. I didn’t realize I did and it’s kind of weird but I don’t feel like changing my breathing style.

3 Likes

That can cause hyperventilation. Has that ever happened to you?

No I’m fine and my teeth are fine too! I don’t see any reason to change except for cosmetic reasons.

3 Likes

I close my mouth for pictures and if I’m recording a video.

2 Likes

I breathe out of both. Depends on activity level and if I have a stuffy nose thanks to allergies.

3 Likes

Same here. I breathe through my nose unless the allergies are causing nasal congestion.

2 Likes

i used to, now i breathe out of my nose, but when im running i am a mouth breather haha.

2 Likes

Honestly I never knew mouth breather was a deragatory term till recently. I was never bullied but I struggle with eye contact and people used to tease me about that a little

4 Likes

I read mouth breathing changes the shape of your face it makes sense because I have a long face although tbh I like my long face

4 Likes

not sure if it can change the shape of your face,

I don’t breathe out my mouth unless I have a blocked nose. I think it is common to breathe out your nose

4 Likes

When scuba diving you have to breathe through your mouth.

3 Likes

I can breathe through my nose but it’s way too conscious of a thing for me. I just forget about it after a while and go back to mouth breathing

1 Like

I do both. I get a runny nose often.

Im a mouth breather

2 Likes

As a child/teenager I was often being told off for having an open mouth.

2 Likes

Definitely need to breathe out of my mouth when I run so that I can inhale more oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

I’m a certified diver since 16 years old.

You may drool like nuts into the regulator. But fun sport if I could equalize my ears properly at depth.
Just been down a whopping 30 feet. Yay for Skunky.

:smiley:

1 Like

Well that’s cool :sunglasses:! My dad took my sister and I diving in the local pool when we were little. A scuba diving instructor was there

2 Likes

It can change the shape of your face so it is best to breathe through nose.

I always breath though my nose, it’s designed to help filter the air you breath and protect you from pathogens and dust and stuff. However, I do breath through my mouth if I have been exercising or exerting myself physically and need a lot of oxygen quickly.