Does anyone find they get more restless since having schitzophrenia?

SInce I had my first psychotic epside I constantly feel bored and restless. Anyone else like this?


I would say meds have helped cause more restlessness, but I do pace a lot since having sz


It started long before my psychosis for me.
but meds mostly fixed it.

1 Like

I’m more psychologically restless than physically restless. I’ve always been easily bored and distracted, but it’s gotten worse over the years.


This sums up how it is for me 90% of the time. The other 10% I’m ACTUALLY restless, fidgeting, pacing, constantly moving.

1 Like

I don’t even think about my fidgeting anymore. It’s become such a normal part of my existence that I forget until someone else points it out.

I paced before my psychosis but it’s worse now I think.

When I have too much free time, which is almost every day, I feel restless to do something and I feel discontent. But I don’t feel the need to move or to fidget.
Good question.

1 Like

I started getting restless around 30. That’s the time I was diagnosed schizoaffective. Before that I was fine.

1 Like

Yes ever since I got ill. It comes in the form of impatience irritability boredom from things.

1 Like

I’m more agitated but I’m pretty sure it’s the meds contributing to this.

1 Like

Yes. Its called anhedonia. Look it up. Its a common feature of sz. This will mask itself as restlessness, but its really cuz u cant enjoy things anymore and feel restless(bored)

Charcoal burns but ice melts, ur brain will melt into nothing sauce, enjoy the process.

1 Like

Yes, both physically (pacing a lot) and mentally (can’t stop or control my thoughts)…

I always yawned and stretched lazily, maybe because I am easy to tired.

Medicines can make you restless.


I was really restless for about 6 or 7 months after first being put on meds in 2015 and felt like I needed to be constantly moving. It was because I was taking 20mg of Zyprexa and Prozac.

absolutely. I have to take about a 20 minute break for every 30 minutes I read.


Maybe you’re having anxiety attacks.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.