Does anyone else have something like this?

Sounds like something that takes place in the imagination? Not a hallucination that seems to be external or a defect in visual processing…

I don’t have this myself… but that saying… “What is seen… can’t be unseen…” kind of parallels this based on that brief right there.

Perhaps you find the stimulus shocking and the mind refuses to process it fully so it tries not to… then another mechanism reminds it it should… creating this loop of suggestion then rejection which materializes visually… as time passes the importance fades and the subconscious lets go of the stimulus…

I don’t know man…

You know how when you stare at a bright light it leaves an impression on your vision? It’s kindof like that only with objects. Lagged images on the tv are also very common, kindof like the tv has two separate images on it at the same time, on one is a few ms behind

It’s definitely something I actually see though

Interesting…

I’ve had brief instances that were more similar to the things I described so I was just wondering…

There is a name for it though apparently… can’t be that uncommon…

On a side note… it is odd how human vision and imagination kind of occupy the same space… imagination seems visual but it occurs simultaneously as sight in some other place where it isn’t so much seeing, but just knowing what is being imagined… only once the entrance of the ideas the imagination is playing with does it begin to overpower vision…

It’s cool to watch… somethings are automatic other things can be directly controlled… but the layers of it… and the the words in the mind… a real mess off crap. Still cool… being a sentient human, pretty good baseline right to life.

That said I’d talk to your doctor if you haven’t… they might be able to help.

I have had this a few times. When I’d go to sleep, and close my eyes, the after-image of my room would still be there for a moment or two. It was at the same time I was experiencing hypnapompic (whatever) hallucinations. This has stopped now.

I used to have that when I was a teenager taking acid regularly… I think it was related to that… But it’s gone away now…
No idea whether it’s a schizophrenia thing or not…