Does anyone else have a conplicated symptom picture

I have frequently talked about my history of diagnoses, and think way too much about it sometimes i admit, but i have quite a lot going on and it complicates diagnosis, and kind of seeing it probably has a lot to do with one of my earlier diagnoses (bpd). Kind of sad because its probably vastly related to childhood trauma, and makes me feel like maybe i just am so messed up im not perceiving anything right and havent for a long time, socially, mentally, spiritually, physically, just cant seem to get a grip on reality at any level. Im trying not to let it effect my self esteem, i certainly didnt ask for this,and this isnt who i AM.

1 Like

I’ve currently got 4 working diagnoses. Bipolar 2 with psychosis, GAD, MDD and PTSD. I’ve been previously diagnosed with all kinds of other things. But I’m still struggling on my meds. My delusions are in my face daily with more signs cropping up. My paranoia is ramped up because of real threat. But I’m good at masking it all until I’m alone with my own mind. I’ve been Ill since a teen. I’m on 5 meds ATM.

1 Like

I have SZA and OCD and they interact.

1 Like

When did your psychosis start?

Well when I was a teen I was paranoid about cameras in the house. Then in my early 20s they thought I had DID but I think that was just me talking to voices. Had my psychotic break at 27 after taking shrooms. Been delusional ever since.

Edit: I’m 30 now.

2 Likes

Definitely. Throughout my time in therapy I’ve gotten the diagnoses. SZ, GAD, PTSD, OCD, and DID.

1 Like

i was rediagnosed with mixed personality disorder from Para/sz but i dont agree with it & i dont care lol

1 Like

I experienced childhood trauma also. My father died whrn I was 9, had to sleep ina room with my mom and my disabled grandms. I was constantly bulled everyday at school

1 Like

I do believe there is a biological reason for becomming psychotic, i know so many people who had it worse then me and they never experienced it.

1 Like

Schizophrenia runs in my family. I was an rh factor baby and there is research that suggests that rh factor babies with a family history of schizophrenia and are male are two times as likely to develop schizophrenia in their lives.

1 Like