Does anyone else enjoy watching people play video games on YouTube?

I’m currently watching someone play Cities Skylines. Before things got really bad, I used to enjoy watching people play The Sims and Cities Skylines while imagining what my own perfect sims game would be like. Soon I will get a chair and a desk and a monitor for my computer so that I can play video games comfortably, but for now, I enjoy watching others. It passes the time and it makes me happy.

4 Likes

I don’t watch videos but I like watching my husband and kids play.

1 Like

I’d rather play than watch someone else play. But I don’t have a gaming console. Can’t afford it

2 Likes

@anon4362788 @CoCo I enjoy both playing and watching others play. It makes me excited to get my computer set up.

2 Likes

That’s awesome that you’ll be able to play games yourself. It’s a great distraction

1 Like

It will be fun too :grin:

1 Like

Perfect!!!

I enjoy watching XPlane vids, you can learn a lot from how the more experienced pilots handle their craft. It’s an amazing sim:

Also like to crack up over pilot error vids.

Dodgy landing above.

Good stream of real pilot.

2 Likes

Yeah, I like to watch some when I don’t feel like playing. Some people have amazing talent. Even though I don’t play Fortnite, I like to watch this streamer named Loeya. She is amazing and very entertaining.

2 Likes

I used to follow a gamer of Hearthstone on this site: https://m.twitch.tv

1 Like

I watched someone do a speedrun of the Breath of the Wild game when it came out. It was 10 hours long of awesomeness. I couldn’t watch for 10 straight hours, but I got through it!

2 Likes

Damn, 10 hours is a long time. I’ve never heard of Breath of the Wild. What’s it about? I like simulation games.

It’s the latest Legend of Zelda game. It’s adventure type. It’s like an open world, so you can do alot of exploring and running around killing things and hunting. It’s got a storyline, but you can also do what you want out of order.

1 Like

You know, I’ve been making fun of it my whole life but I started watching this one YouTube guy play Rust on steam and it was so interesting and fun to watch him build his base and solo with expertise.

1 Like

Sounds fun if you like that sort of thing. I started watching a let’s play of an adventure game called “The Longest Journey.” I liked it but I stopped watching for some reason. Don’t know why.

Joy can come from the simplest things. I’m glad you found something that you liked.

Before I developed schizophrenia, I enjoyed watching Lirik play games on twitch.tv/lirik, he’s a funny guy. Now I hallucinate and feel like I have to control my every thought and it completely robs my fun.

1 Like

Hopefully the fun comes back for you once you get on the right meds. The fun came back for me when I had more control over my thoughts. My voices are internal for the most part, and honestly some of what I’ve been hearing in my ear might be tinnitus (I did some research). Anyway, they’re internal so it was like another force was in my head messing with my thoughts. I still feel that way on some level, but I try not to ruminate about it too much.

1 Like

Not so much YouTube, but I watch a lot of Twitch streamers. Mostly MTG.

2 Likes

I’m kinda weird. I don’t like twitch all that much. I never join in time.