Does anyone else dread Christmas?

Or do you enjoy the festive season?

1 Like

I dread it.

1 Like

Iā€™m ā€œpreparedā€ for it.

1 Like

Its for the kids so i tolerate it as best i canā€¦ were visiting my sister in Georgia. My parents will be there. Everyones excited and i just want to bury my head in the sandā€¦

1 Like

ā€˜Preparedā€™ is about as good as it gets for me! I donā€™t grudge giving gifts but I get really stressed over money as Iā€™m on a tight budget. I wish I could just tell my whole family that I want to stop celebrating xmas at all, but I donā€™t think that would go down well.

I am looking forward to stuffing myself with mince pies and watching ta eating turkey dinner

1 Like

The most annoying thing about it is that all the grocery delivery slots are fully booked up already, making it awkward to get my fortnightly shopping delivered. People go mad at Christmas and Iā€™ll run out of milk. :frowning:

1 Like

I missed it the last couple of years. I slept right through it. Same with new years eve.

1 Like

both I like the holidays but I get nervous around my relative because I have social phobia.

1 Like

Yes! probably DRACULA.

1 Like

Mixed bag for me. I like holidays but I donā€™t like stress

1 Like

I used to dread it but now I like it.

1 Like

I used to dread it also but this year looking forward to it

1 Like

I dread it every year because I donā€™t like spending money and I donā€™t like socializing at the parties Iā€™m invited to.

1 Like

I kind of dread it more this year.
The family get together will be held at our house this Christmas Eve.
There will be tons of people here at the house.
It will be crowded.
But part of me is looking forward to it.

1 Like

I guess I dread and like it. I like it because I get to see people that I donā€™t see that often. I dread it because there are too many of them and I just canā€™t stand the crowds or noise anymore.

4 Likes

Itā€™s my babies first Christmas so Iā€™m very excited!

3 Likes

Dreading it Badly. I probably wont be seen outside now till January.

love it. Great time of year to catch up with folk!

I love it, but it is a major source of stress for me. My house is all decorated, and I have most of the kidsā€™ presents. I just have a few more to buy. My family lives hundreds of miles away, and I havenā€™t spent a holiday with everyone in about 13 years. It makes me sad to realize that itā€™s my oldest daughterā€™s last Christmas with us before college, and we wonā€™t be doing a big Christmas with the whole family. I stress over keeping my house clean and perfect, paying for all of the presents (I spend way too much on my kids), doing all of the cooking, baking cookies for the police officers in our area, and the fact that my husband will be working on Christmas morning. It can be overwhelming, for sure.

2 Likes