Does anyone actually get triggered?

I actually get triggered to rage in some cases by ignorance that someone is unwilling to try to overcome. I’m trying to do away with that response because it really doesn’t fix anything in that and it’s better to just let people continue to believe in their fantasy world but it’s really hard with how much anger I’ve built up over the years.

Some victim groups here who have gone through schizo for 2-3 years and do not have lasting problems, are triggered out in public in the company of specific people or specific groups so voices start a little. If you avoid running into these or leave immediately when voice talks to you about something, sometimes you may not hear auditory hallucinations if you do not follow orders to harm someone.

Other groups who went to churches to get voices to stop, arm commanded around to stalk people in groups even and verbally harass a person on disability pay after mental care. This is called thought broadcasting, in churches this is kind of preach stalking a form of cause stalking – bothering strangers ‘because’ the group is told to do so by someone or church leader.

New people moving here are going crazy…Had some bad tragedies like mom killing her kid and Vet who was refused care by VA and cops shot him dead. But the older folks here are being subjected to 2-3 years of voices, many having to write the resume around this to cover it up. If it is family that resulted from this period of time from work, they were told to go to church to keep their children okay and now we have more thought broadcaster codependent rug rat children…These of God’s people were told their children may never be okay and they were given good enough job for harming people sometimes if voices demand it…This can be a wealthy or middle income, poorer men have been known to show up on distressed woman to present solution to recent firing, trespassing, not feeling safe…But these guys will even harm their own family if told. Cops here have been blaming the mom for latching onto any kind of man but the cops won’t protect the women, some females are fired from multiple jobs while alone as someone at work is trying to land them, court is broken here and no restraining orders very often. Only solution to deal with something/someone you don’t want is leave if you are able…But may get screwed bad at next stop if you are female alone, and some towns are even doing prostitutes with women alone…Need to move where you know someone already or move as a couple for a while…Never discuss what you just left or problems can start up in new place.

I got triggered really bad last night. A guy that had talked ■■■■ about me I ran into last night. I had physically hurt him really bad back in the day, probably a miracle I had’nt accidantly killed him. He has a devious motor mouth on him but I’m getting over it.

I notice we tend to focus on things to much and over analyze and obsess. I im just shifting my thoughts to something else no matter how much my schiz mind wants to focus on the same repetitive thoughts that run through my mind.

Stress is a huge trigger for me. I had a severe case of it yesterday and spent today in bed because the voices were so bad. I hate stress.

When I first came to this site it took me a while to understand what people were talking about when mentioning the term ‘trigger’. For unmedicated, my symptoms are omnipresent, 24/7, such that it is rather hard to discern anything that makes them occur - they occur regardless what I do or see. I wasn’t aware of the possibility of symptoms occasionally flaring up, to me psychosis was rather an all or nothing kind of thing.

In retrospect I did come know a trigger for me, this triggered not so much symptoms in general sense, but seem to affect the kind of symptoms I got when psychotic. So typically I was hallucinating every instance of the day, and occassionally having intrusive thoughts. My one substantial hobby of making music was a trigger to me, for it made me experience much more intrusive thoughts. Since these were much more distressing to me than the hallucinations, this co-incidence cured me from that hobby for a few years. First because I’d rather not experience the intrusive thoughts. Later because I had come to associate making music with these, and disliked it because of that - possibly there was some fear of them reoccurring involved. Then after a while it simply no longer was a habit of mine, and it was hard to get it going again, also because of a postpsychotic depression depriving me of the joy of it.

Fortunately my meds make sure I no longer get triggered by this hobby, and I have picked up on it again. Although it made me very sad not to be able to do this thing I was so passionate about, it is also fortunate that this is the greatest ‘real’ loss I take sz to have afflicted me with - could be much worse.