Does anybody work out while on AP medicine?

When I was playing soccer, my body got super exhausted. I am pretty sure it was because of the medicine.

4 Likes

Yes. I’m 52 though and although the medicine makes me fat and tired I still can compete playing cricket and I do work out. I would say that age has a greater impact on your ability to work out and get condition for playing sport than that of the medicine.

4 Likes

I do cardio and lift weights. But I don’t always make it the full hour I need. I exercise a few times a week with my husband. I’m very out of shape right now though because we had to not go for 2 months. We had too many obligations during those 2 months. Once I’m better from Covid, I’ll go back

2 Likes

I worked out in my early thirties. I could really see the results. I was also unloading trucks for a living and was lifting heavy merchandise all the time for four years.

3 Likes

I try to pump twice a week anc also do spin.
I want to do half a hour a day.

1 Like

I’m thinking of going for a slow pace jog tomorrow. The weather was nice here today I’m hoping it is a sign of spring. Weather makes such a difference to my mood.

2 Likes

I like swimming and walking…I don’t like the gym cuz I feel like people are looking at me and talking about me.

3 Likes

Personally I think its more likely you weren’t used to the exercise. I am very sedentary. Even just walking around going to things takes a lot more energy than sitting on a chair all day.

1 Like

I was working out but low T made gains difficult. When, after years, I got back on meds and became lazy/exhausted and started packing the pounds back on. Im attempting to be more motivated for working out now and hopeful that testosterone injections will give me a bump in that direction as well.

2 Likes

Yes im on two AP’s and visit my local gym 3-4 times a week mostly cardio but also occasionally pushing weigths / strength training. Yes, i get exhausted the day after, but increased energy the day i train.

2 Likes

I have the opposite condition! I feel so self conscious trying to do exercise in public but at gym everyone is there to sweat so it doesn’t really bother me.

1 Like

Usually I have been able to train strength twice a week, but because of insomnia it has become very staccato for the last few years.

Nope 15 characters

I tried working out once but my bad knees did me in.

I couldn’t really. I’m starting to think of getting started again, now I’m off meds for a long while. But my body lost quite a bit of its strength and endurance due to the long med use and doing nothing. And getting older.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.