Does anybody know if psychology at college is an easy subject to study

Is it easy to study, and does life experience of mental illness help a lot?

Its certainly easier (for me at least) than something like Calculus / Math or Engineering. I’ll let others chime in here regarding life experiences and if they help in the study. There are related conversations around this topic here:

1 Like

You do not do it because it is easy but because it is hard. At least that quote got me through graduate school for statistics. It is easy to get into college or university, it takes real guts to graduate no matter what major.

I took one psychology class in1984 at a community college. It wasn’t extremely hard and I got a “B” in it.To me it was just a little harder than a high school psychology class. My life experience did not come into play. Back then my disease was invisible to the naked eye and it didn’t stop me from doing much. I felt like I fit in perfectly.

It’s a fairly hard topic to study, funnily enough. Right now in my Introductory Psychology class, we have been studying the brain and the nervous system. There’s a lot of memorization involved. In this particular class, my experiences with mental illnesses don’t help me at all. I’m figuring once I get into abnormal psych, then I’ll have a bit of an edge on my fellow students. By the way, so far I am getting an A in the class.

3 Likes

Dear Friend, It is never easy with Schizophrenia. But if you do SMART goals and this book… it is dead easy.

Book [[[[ How to Study with Mind Maps: The Concise Learning Method ]]]]

SMART goals…

[Help] SMART Goals.

Writing down your SMART goals:

In terms of what kind of goals I would suggest, I would stick with things that are easily quantifiable and measurable.

S - Specific

Your goals should be specific, meaning that they are honed in on one thing and not open for misinterpretation. You can make sure your goals are specific by answering the 6 W’s (Who, What, When, Where, Why, Which).

For example, the goal of ‘feeling good’ is not specific because it could mean a hundred different things to different people.

A specific goal might be to ‘I have enough energy to climb up three flights of stairs at my apartment building by June 1st’.

M-‐ Measurable

Measurable means that there is some objective way of knowing that the goal has been achieved or not. This typically means that you state the goal in terms of ‘how much’ or ‘how many’ of something rather than in terms of a feeling or something that cannot truly be measured.

A-Attainable

An attainable goal is something that can actually be accomplished within the bounds of physics. I remember as a sixth grader wanting to be able to dunk a basketball. That was clearly not an attainable goal for me in sixth grade.

R‐Relevant

The goal must mean something to you. Clearly in the case of getting things done, we know that this goal is going to be very meaningful to you.

T‐Time bound

There is something magical about having a deadline. By setting a date that you will achieve your goal, you establish a sense of urgency that will serve to motivate you even more.

I’d like you to take time to write down three SMART goals.

Also use these…

Anti psychotics.

From the internet...

===========>>> (1) VITAMINS:

Vitamin B-3:
3 - 6g daily, in 3 doses, after meals. Normal does is 3 - 4.5g daily. [Dose can be increased to 30g]
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine):
Under 1,000mg/day. [Do not exceed 2,000 mg/day]
Vitamin C:
3g./day, or more
Folic Acid & Vitamin B-12:
Large doses preferable
Omega-3 EFAs (e.g. Fish Oil):
3 - 9 x 1,000mg. capsules/day

<<<=========================

jungcircle com / schiznatural htm

I didn’t find my psych courses to be easy. There was a lot of writing and research involved. And heavy communication with classmates.

Although they were a bit easier than my nursing courses.

Best of luck!

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like