Does anybody know about the end times? (may trigger)

Jesus will come back but no man knows on earth when that time will be. “do not let Me find you sleeping” is what it says in the Bible.

2 Likes

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness

• 1 Thessalonians 5:1-5

Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you

• Revelation 3:3

“Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed”

• Revelation 16:15

Yeah, pretty much.

1 Like

“Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.” - 1 Peter 2:1-7

Funny though that out of all people you would turn out to be religious. Didnt you have almost 50 women in your life? What were you trying to do, imitate king David :grinning: ?

The idea that reality is a computer simulation makes Christianity plausible.

I used to think I was the reincarnated King David. That’s a step up.

David

1 Like

I honestly didn’t “try” to sleep with all those women. I used to be good looking and I was looking for a wife. No one wanted the job except for my ex wife, but that wasn’t until I was 44.

1 Like

If you read Matthew 24, it talks about the end times. Jesus foretells the destruction of the temple before it happens. Then he talks about how there will be wars and rumors of wars, and things that are a little cryptic cuz they happen all of the time. It talks about the whole world hating Christians at that time. Then I think what he is saying about the abomination of desolation standing in the holy places, people often speculate that this is the antichrist standing in the third Jewish temple (which hasn’t been built yet), and that when the Jews are fleeing from Judea (which is called occupied territory right now) then the tribulation will begin. After the tribulation, there will be a sign in heaven of Jesus, and and the elect will be gathered from the four winds by angels (rapture I think?) Then there is a passage saying no one will know when this will happen, only God the Father. It talks about how one will be taken and one will be left. There is more in the book of Revelation and Daniel.

Actually not all Christians believe in a “pre-tribulation” rapture. Which is what a rapture is generally refered to.

It’s one of the most highly disputable bits of doctrine.

Ehhh… idk though I’m kinda like a fair-weather Christian… Christianity gets really weird the more and more religious you become.

yeah there is a debate about when the rapture is exactly supposed to occur in relation to tribulation, or if there even is one. I’m not really sure myself. I would like to believe in pre-tribulation but like I said already I’m not sure. Anyways, another passage on the rapture is 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

1 Like

I just read that. You know the verse that I understand the least right now in life is v.18.

I think v. 18 is saying to encourage each other with the words just spoken prior to it, about going to heaven to be with Jesus.

1 Like

Now adays a lot of people actually think Christians are Satan in disguise. They’re actually raised to hate Christians.

So say we all.

Pixel.