Does anybody have a good inheritance

My father owns some offices in his office building. So when he passes away I get to own the offices. I think I will get 1,200 a month. That’s enough to get by. My sister will get half of it as well, so she will make the same.

3 Likes

Lucky you. 566998

I think my mother and stepfather will probably leave me and my siblings quite a bit of money, as he earns a lot. But there’s 4 of us and it will be split equally, so I probably won’t get much.
And I probably won’t care, as I’d rather have my parents alive and well than money.

3 Likes

I have a small disability trust.

I don’t like to think about my inheritance. I think its selfish.

You don’t know if you get half of everything. Remember people tend to write their “last will” and everything can go to your sister or even unknown person. I wouldn’t get hyped so much

My brother ran off with it, he’s a creep

Hate to think about it…but I know what’s in my mums will … one of her properties and half her 1/3 share of another property will be split with me and my brother so I’ll have one and a half properties…

1 Like

My father was paid well when working , and has a good pension . He’s not been the best when it comes to money management though . As it is he’ll probably die before my stepmum who’s nearly 10 years younger than him .

They have a condo plus this cottage .

3 Likes

It doesn’t mean the last will cannot be amended. She can do it any time. Also your siblings can dispute over your inheritance by claiming that you are mentally unstable

1 Like

Its her choice whatever she does with it I’m just saying what’s there … we both have anxiety so I can fight the same

1 Like

Thanks for the upbeat advice…

1 Like

also me and my bro would get 50/50… so I dont know why he’s dispute

No familyinheritance. But i am happy our ancestors freed us from the nazis. They left a wonderful world for us behind.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know how bad sibling are, often an agreement can be made after the funeral, but as far as I know everyone becomes ape predators over free real estate

1 Like

no i think you’re right when my dad passed away his brothers wanted to know whose name the house was in they all came out then only cos they thought it was handed to him by his parents will …

What happened to my mother was shocking but she didn’t have a choice - my grandmother got psychotic deep depression and my mother had to nurse her for 10 years by feeding her, washing her, putting to sleep, watching and prescribing meds. When she died recently, my mother was broke how much she invested into my grandmother so my uncle (her brother) suggested paying for a funeral and keeping all physical belongings (farm estates) to himself. My mother agreed as she didn’t have a choice

1 Like

Its sick what money does to people … my mum looks after my grandmother 98 (dads mum) but the day my dad died the younger brother wanted all the papers from me … was even in my dads room dont know what he was doing looking through draws … dad looked after grandmother so she had handed over the property years ago no one knows that

1 Like

Even though I recently inherited my grandmother’s farm house and some land I feel burdened. The paperwork you have to go… Also my mother is helping. Also my mother is not allowing me to sell anything and invest into moving abroad or just helping my mother with debt. I don’t know why boomers have this mentality that real estate will become much more valuable over time. It often keeps with inflation in stabilized country and no more. I didn’t want to inherit lands and the house in the first place but I was the only one legitime inherant

1 Like

Yeah there is always paperwork after someone passes away I had ro help mum with it with no clues what I was doing so we got someone else to help…and guide… mum had pushed dad a long time ago to cancel insurance … we didn’t expect this to happen … so now property is not paid off so mum and me had to go through paperwork for over a year

1 Like