Does anybody get angry at their circumstances

I get angry sometimes when things don’t go my way…but I try not to get angry with an attitude. I’m afraid I might get stuck like that.

3 Likes

I don’t have anger.

1 Like

Oh, of course I get angry. But anger doesn’t change anything- it just hurts me more when I get angry.

4 Likes

I’ve got angry before at the poor quality of help and support I’ve received as a psychiatric patient . Character assassination being seen as an acceptable substitution for decent treatment .

Since moving here , and getting better recognition of my issues/problems , thanks to my stepdaughter, that anger has changed to one of weary resignation . Too much water has gone under the bridge due to incompetence by mental health professionals( and lack of adequate care and support) for any great amount of potential to be realised . However the positive thing is I’m not someone seen as a nuisance/‘awkward, demanding and troublesome’ by mental health services here . I don’t blame them in any way for the bad behaviour and incompetence of the mental health services in Essex.

8 Likes

I feel really low at the moment, not angry

I am past anger and now I just feel numb.

Honestly I wish I was dead some times.

Life is too hard and things always seem to make it more difficult.

1 Like

I definately do have anger with the way i have been treated in the past( in regards to mental health care). I tried for two months to get help and was scared to death because i had no clue what was happening to me. I had a very frightening experience at a locked psy ward. I had side effects of the meds that made the situation much worse…
Thankfully now, i have two great providers and i go three times a week to support groups at a disability rights center. I am much happier now and feel like i atleast have some people who understand me.

2 Likes

I am a bit angry about the treatments I’ve gotten in the past.
How they just slapped an adhd diagnosis on me without bothering to check for other causes for my symptoms, because that’s the diagnosis they gave all maladapted teens back then.
I can’t help but feel bitter that I could have receieved proper help sooner, had they not been so lazy.

5 Likes

I have been very angry about it but I’m learning to mellow out. There’s nothing I can do about it anyway.

3 Likes

I react with anger sometimes… so i can relate but i know that a bad at atittude don’t work in my favor. Being kind is a better choise

2 Likes

I get a bit angry because I’m trying to get pregnant and I don’t get pregnant. Maybe it’s not in my destiny to have a baby.

1 Like

I have regrets about decisions I made and the consequences, how that brought me into the circumnstances of today

yea I try to make it a habit to flip the feeling of regret into something else. so that eventually there will be no regret left :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

My brain injury makes me very angry. I just hide it.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Sometimes. At times I’ve been treated really horribly by family and mental health professionals.

Sometimes I just practice a little martial arts or wail on my pillow.

I avoid taking it out on others.

Except I did have to stand up to my guardian once. I didn’t use insults.
It’s rather ridiculous I had to do that with the guy that more than anything, should be here to support and help.

2 Likes

When I was first diagnosed definitely. I felt like it was unfair for me to get an illness “why me?”. But as time’s gone on I’ve learnt to accept it (mostly). That said I’m sure I have my moments when I wish things were different, but its not so much a burning anger.

1 Like

i don’t get angry. i think i pretty much did it to myself with copious amounts of weed and alcohol in my 20’s. and now with meds, my symptoms are manageable and im almost normal. in fact i would probably make a better loyal employee now that my moods are stable and im less compulsive than before i was diagnosed and wanted to see the world. but part of that is growing up some.

1 Like

Before effective treatment, I was always in a rage. But now, with effective treatment, I’m never angry.

1 Like

I rarely get angry anymore.
I’m mellowing with age and the proper medications.

2 Likes

More annoyed at myself because I struggle so much to hold down a job , i run from job to job because i don’t want to face a situation that probably people already forgot about but in my mind it was completely a huge deal

I feel exactly the same way. People say diagnosis is not important and I was told this everytime. But I spent 5 years being told I had schizophrenia… when i would try to say I don’t think i have this they’d say “oh, denial is part of the schizophrenia diagnosis” … meds never really gave me any relief until I started a mood stabaliser when my dx changed to bipolar after 5 years… now 10 years on : and another simple diagnosis change to a possible anxiety disorder means i am on the treatment i need to be on… Maybe they just went by what they saw but diagnosing someone based on an hours visit every few years didn’t help