Does anybody ever cuss out God?

I’m a Christian, but I still cuss God out when I get really angry. But I almost think God wants me to to get my anger out. Otherwise I don’t thing I would make it through.

3 Likes

Watch out. Religion, the use of the term God (seemingly) and, especially, Christian-style thoughts and thinking are banned here. SJW-land be here.

1 Like

God doesn’t want you to be angry. That being said he does want you to “vent”. Anger only leads to more anger, but if you express your emotions before they become too much for you that would help.

I’m not going to lie I’ve done that before, and it wrong. The reason you may be thinking it’s right however is because you can see that you need to express these things to Him, and in that you’re right. But to cuss him is causing damage to your own self cause you drive an emotional wedge between you and Him which you’ll have to overcome later.

It’s okay to ask, “God why is this happening to me, I feel like you’ve cursed me and dealt me an unfair life. It’s so difficult God please help me.” If that’s genuinely what you think. And he will speak “thoughts” to you and help you understand what the truth of your situation is and how you can fix it.

But “I can’t take this any more! Why did you do this to me?! I hate you!”…no… We cannot do that…

2 Likes

I smell a conspiracy :rofl:

1 Like

I think you’re ok with this post. I’ve gotten angry at the illness and have always blamed myself-- doing drugs as an adolescent, being a bad teenager. I seek God for knowledge on how to best navigate this illness. I try not to be the victim in my dialogue with Him, I see that as most everybody’s plea.

1 Like

I blaspheme pretty regularly, but then I pray again to make it alright. Nice steam valve.

2 Likes

I agree that is good to deal with the anger you have with Him. He understands. He also wants us to get the help that we need regarding anger and past hurts. Therapy and meds are good things. This is my 2 cents. :smiley:

1 Like

I said, “Goddammit”. So he did.

We don’t allow religious discussions on this site. This for a couple of reasons. First, it tends to cause arguments, because for some reason people can’t seem to just respect each other’s different religious beliefs. Second, many folks suffer from religious delusions. It is one of the top three topics of delusion, alongside aliens and government conspiracies. We don’t allow discussions on those topics, either. Third, there are many members here who were subjected to exorcisms by family members who, sadly, did not understand their illness. Those memories can be very traumatic for those individuals, and they don’t need to be reminded of them.

I hope you can understand, and help keep this a safe place for everyone. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

Ninjastar
Volunteer moderator.

2 Likes