Does anybody actually feel good after seeing their psychiatrist?

I saw mine yesterday. It was good to talk about schizophrenia with someone for 10 minutes.

7 Likes

It depends. My psychiatrist used to piss me off, but we’re cool now. Maybe we just didn’t see eye to eye before because I was always drinking and smoking weed, and now we’re more on the same page since I got clean and sober. Well, pretty much clean, still toke a little here and there, but I am sober. I don’t know, could be, but we have a decent relationship now.

2 Likes

Lol sounds like me and my psych. But we’ve been viking more and more as time goes by. I really trust her.

1 Like

Also to answer the original question. I usually always feel good after a psych appointment. Having a psych makes me feel safe. I’m a bit of a hypochondriac so seeing a doctor makes me feel good lol

1 Like

Yes I do
On the ground’s it’s very peaceful.
The staff is super nice.
My psychiatrist is really good.

1 Like

I always walk out of my psychiatrists office after a session feeling happy that I’m not as screwed up as him.

2 Likes

I feel great while in in there and sometimes I look forward to the session for days. And then when I leave it ■■■■■ up my day

I kinda feel like I got plugged up the ass with a hot firepoker and given the ol rusty trombone with a pair of chain male gloves on.

1 Like

I love going to see my nurse practitioner. She’s very helpful with changing my meds as needed and is very attentive to my needs overall, especially financial needs.

My Nurse Practitioner is pretty nice. She had a couple times when she cut me off while I was talking and spoke down to me but, lately, she is OK.
She deals with my delusion pretty well. I am mostly stable so not much change in meds. I get 30 to 45" with her so it’s a good visit. I like her better than my old pdoc, stuck-up, Grade A douche’

I feel good after seeing my pdoc nowadays. It wasn’t always that way.

I used to hate it, but now that I’ve found a good med I look forward to my appointments. I get along well with my pdoc, and I feel like she genuinely cares about my wellbeing.

I kind of feel like they are rushed prerecordings of previous visits. I’m starting to think I’m not getting much out of appts and don’t know what to do.

After therapy I tend to either feel a lot worse or a lot better. I think that’s how you know therapy is doing something. If you leave feeling normal/nothing then I don’t think you were accomplishing much.

The first time I saw a pdoc I expected him to enter into some kind of ego alliance with me. I found it disconcerting when he didn’t do that. A number of psychiatrists don’t feel like it helps therapy to enter into an ego alliance with the patient.

I always try to treat it as a business relationship. They always feel like beggars to me. They want to experience what we have, be slightly more self-aware, have more psychic energy and such, but refuse to do their homework, do their spiritual / psychic practice and such. It’s like that shitty kid at school who is always copying on the others because he did not do his homework.

I simply make them work for their money.
On the other hand I always feel great after a good yoga session with a good yoga teacher or with my life coach.

I only had one psychiatrist treating me, though I talked to others, and am no longer seeing him. But when I did, it was always a treat. Our sessions lasted a bit longer than I read here on the forum from time to time, typically 30min, sometimes an hour. After talking, I would feel refreshed in a way, and as I would walk out his door, there was a sense of seeing things in a different way, a better way. I have felt similar at times after very good lectures at university. Maybe this is just what it feels like to have learned something. The guy was well-read, articulate, kind, and very understanding. Skilled at his profession, I’d say - we got along very well. When our meetings became less and less frequent, we discussed the queer notion that, if both of us were doing our part well enough, we would indeed not see much of each other anymore.

2 Likes

i talk about what’s going on in my life but not in my head with my pdoc. We talk for maybe 5 mins then I get my prescription and I’m out of there. I always feel as though it’s another month of freedom when I leave before I have to go sit in waiting room again and then talk to him. So I guess it feels good to me.

1 Like

All my adult psychiatrists apart from my current one have tried to understand me and hear where I’m coming from, my last one particularly had a way with words which would get me to talk and he saw me through some really hard times, I really wish I still had him :sweat:

1 Like

This is probably a really stupid question but what is an ego alliance?

1 Like