Schizophrenia.com

Does any one take there voices seriously

Do most people take what their voices say as fact or listen to thier commands and or take thier threats seriously. Or do most people just do what they want

I don’t fully care what the voices say. Maybe like single digit percent regard for what it is. I forget anyways.

I usually do what they command me. Not the violent and dangerous things though

1 Like

Not when I am on working meds.

Like what ? :astonished:

I take God’s voice seriously when I’m sick. But other than that, no, not really.

Like standing up, closing the window etc. Random things. When they tell me to kill or slay or commit suicide, I don’t do what they say

3 Likes

Hey, John, where have you been?

1 Like

I was on vacation for a week, so I didn’t come on here for that time. And then, I’m not sure what happened, I just didn’t come on here. It was mainly time; I was pretty busy. Thank you for asking.

2 Likes

My voices are in Spanish mostly. Sometimes Arabic but rarely. They tell me things like “vas a ser simpatica” “you’re going to be nice” or Anti lateefa (Arabic for you are nice)

1 Like

I don’t hear voices, guess this makes me bipolar.

1 Like

Lucky you. I hear voices all the time except when I’m sleeping. Even on clozapine I hear voices.

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Loke

1 Like

I wouldn’t say I take the voices seriously but they do upset me. It’s hard to block them out.

1 Like

It’s ok

1 Like

I have thoughts that are like hallucinations. I don’t hear them but I believe them and think about them.

1 Like

Me too. Alien tells me to do random things as well - either as inserted thoughts or voices. But when he tells me to kill my husband I don’t listen. And most of the time when he tells me to cut myself I don’t listen either.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.