Do your voices ever use “code words” or swap words around?

My voices introduced something called Adam Secant many years ago, which was a computer (program) that swapped words. So when I was thinking out loud (talking) to my voices, I would say one thing, but I would be told they heard something different. For example, I might say “I really like you” but the person I was talking to (I was told) would hear “I really hate you”. After a couple of years, Adam Secant disappeared from conversation, but my voices continue to claim that they swap words, in order to manipulate other voices by making them hear the wrong thing. SO while I am trying to negotiate and be reasonable, the people I was ‘talking’ to are being tricked into thinking I was being nasty, insulting, and unreasonable.

At one point in time, while my voices were organising for this swapping or substitution to occur, they were calling it ‘antonym substitution’, meaning that they were replacing key words in what I was communicating (to voices) with their opposite.

In addition to this, right from the start, my voices use “code words” when they speak to each other if I can over hear them. Obviously, I cannot overhear them, so if they are pretending that I can, they employ “code words”. One of the first ones was instead of saying “nation” they said “planets”, so if someone was going to visit the US from Oz, they would say they were going to “another planet”. Another common one they used was swapping “love” for “hate”, so they would say “you love Pam don’t you scott?” and mean “you hate Pam don’t you scott?”. Another code word was “committing suicide” which meant I think having sex. Another code word is “dead”. My voices would say “Scott, Pam is dead” and I think they substituted “dead” for “happy”, so they were saying “Scott, Pam is happy”.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar? How do you account for it in terms of the origin or cause of AVH’s?

2 Likes

Hi brosky i cant tell anything cuz i never heard voice…!!!

1 Like

I don’t really understand your post…

1 Like

Sometimes i think someone said somethingbut it comes in a thought not as a sound(voices).
Its like im hearing myself talk as a stranger.is talking to me. And i do say.one thing and the meaning is completly opposite or different but i instantly know what that wrong sentence meant actually.