Schizophrenia.com

Do your voices ever help?

My voices sometimes give good advice. Sometimes bad advice, but very often it’s good. I didn’t need a voice to warn me to watch out crossing a certain street last night, I’d almost gotten hit there before. I crossed the street anyhow instead of going down a block to a better intersection, and I almost got hit by a turning car. I screamed at her but I’m not about to pound on anybody’s window, I’ve had enough with the court system!

2 Likes

Yes, they help me going insane.

2 Likes

Made me embarrassed playing games and affected my school performance.

1 Like

I don’t believe in good voices. You would have avoided the accident anyways without voices.

1 Like

Yes voices are a test !

I had a good voice. It made me feel less lonely and more alive.

Unfortunately, it was wiped out along with the bad ones from my AP, and I miss it terribly.

1 Like

I kind of think they give you good advice and build your trust to get you to do something bad

2 Likes

They’re nice to me but I have a strict rule, no commands and no insults. If I get insults I talk to my doc about tweaking the meds, if I get commands I ignore them.

I think if a voice helped you then it was probably a coincidence. It’s generally dangerous to do what they say because they aren’t really people, they are just the speech center of your brain acting up. It would be like taking driving directions from a blind person.

3 Likes

I took driving directions from them. I drove like 200km around different towns on more than one occasion. And sometimes they controlled the gas and the brakes and I went through red-lights. It was so dangerous.
This happened during the 2nd episode I had actually. So I still had no insight about it after the diagnosis

3 Likes

Sometimes they are nice, but usually not. I wouldn’t say that they’ve ever helped me though

1 Like

Mine told me to drive fast to prove I was psychic. I thought there was a force field around my truck so I floored it on the highway in the rain, got up to about 100 before losing control and crashing into the guard rail and totaling my truck. This was back in 2015 when I was still delusional. I really miss that truck.

2 Likes

I had to do a “driving test” there was this 40 inch crt TV someone left at a random park while I was being told go drive around. They told me to put it in the back of the truck and then I had to go on a road course and not let the tv smash into the front or back of the box or I’d fail.

Craaazay times

1 Like

Yeah man, I don’t miss being delusional. It was pretty dangerous. However it was never boring!

1 Like

Mine only helped me self destruct

2 Likes