Schizophrenia.com

Do your delusions persist?

If so, how long did have they lasted for? And if not, how far into treatment were you when they went away? I’ve only had a few short lived delusions so far…

They stopped after a few weeks of being on antipsychotic.

1 Like

Yes I heard the voice about them taking me away in 11 years, it’s continued. I have a history in the mental health system, but I feel like I brought that on myself, and now I don’t know the truth. It’s still not going away and I don’t feel safe. I know it sounds schizophrenic, but in my case, I don’t think it is. I mentioned John Todd, he was a conspiracy theorist and weird things happened to him–he was set up. I feel set up. It’s only been 1.5 years.

Sorry to hear that your symptoms have continued so long. It must be really scary to have those fears

I have had a few relapses.

First I was psychotic then I was ok then a couple years later I started hearing voices etc that lasted a few years or more then the voices stopped.

A few years later I got delusions.

Then I met my x boyfriend in sa and my delusions went away.

I hope to not relapse again.

I have been hospitalised three times but when I was my worst I was not hospitalised because I lied to them and told them I had no positive symptoms because I was afraid.

Been good last few years since I met my x.
He is one of the best things that ever happened to me.
He is the best man I ever met or know of.

I’m told I’ve been delusional since 2008. No relief. But I don’t believe I am delusional. I think it’s really happening.

Sounds like a long journey. Wishing you all the best for no relapses

1 Like

Sorry that it has been going on so long for you. I hope it is not too distressing or exhausting, even if you don’t believe you are.

1 Like

What are you delusional about even though you don’t think you are, if you don’t mind me asking? Never mind, I found in different posts. I feel you paranoid about computers is fake because when I was on adderall I thought the same thing. I know my adderall psychosis was fake. But I worry about other things not really related to it now.

1 Like

Mine have persisted post medication but at least on meds I know the thoughts are strange and aren’t valid.

2 Likes

I have delusions and paranoia more than hallucinations. They repeat themselves, though, so I have insight.

1 Like

I know when I’m delusional I don’t realize that I’m sick. Usually someone has to tell me that I’m delusional. Usually it’s my brother or close friend.

1 Like

I always get told when im delusional - cos i turn into an arrogant arsehole lol.

Paranoia comes before hand tho - at which case ive usually dead locked the door and frozen the keys in the freezer in a tub of water lol.

1 Like

Yes my delusions persist. Had a lot of them for several years

The two spirits in my head are still there. Been there all my life but discovered that only in 2015.

And I’ve believed my mother in law is trying to poison me - for eight years - my whole marriage. It faded and returned over and over.

But now I’m getting divorced I am sh!t scared of her! It’s real, not a delusion, and the possibility is serious. She has tried to control my mind and read my thoughts for years. But I only caught onto it a few months ago. I don’t trust her at all - and now I don’t trust his dad too because he could be in league with her.

There’s a few persistent ones. But they wax and wane

2 Likes

It’s good that you have your family to provide support and insight into your condition.

I’m sorry to hear about all your current struggles. I hope the divorce goes smoothly and that you take care of yourself. It sounds like you are experiencing some really scary things right now.

1 Like