Do your antipsychotics cause depression?

It’s true that Risperdal is cheaper. But I’ve heard from an experienced psychiatrist that it is most universally effective especially on hard to treat cases. I don’t know if I qualify as a case like that but the first two APs did nothing.

I don’t have schizophrenia but decided to post on here anyways. I have Dissociative Identity Disorder and get Psychotic symptoms when I am stressed. In 2002 I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and in 2005 was put on Risperdal as well as an antidepressant for PTSD. I actually started getting depressed and anxious/paranoid from the SSRI (antidepressant). Psychiatrists tried different things for me throughout the years, including antipscychotics, but my mental health kept getting worse along with my physical health (I have autoimmune disease). In Spring 2014 I was getting so anxious from Risperdal that my psychiatrist switched me to Latuda because he thought I was growing tolerant to Risperdal. Due to anxiety other meds had to be increased as well as this one. By June I was on high doses of Lamotrogine, Topomax, and Oxcarbazepine just to help me deal with the side effects of antipsychotics and was on the highest dose of Latuda because my Psychiatrist was convinced that my problem was bipolar. Then in June 2015 I started to go into the biggest depression of my life. Nothing worked to help me at all. No counseling techniques, no medications, etc. Finally about a year and a half ago after a hospital visit due to depression and worsening psychotic symptoms, I noticed that increases in prescription drugs actually made me worse. So I started going off of mine. It took me until July to get down to one medication: lamotrogine. I genuinely laughed and smiled for the first time last night in about 3 1/2 years. This treatment resistant depression that I went through due to overmedication was the worse thing that I’ve been through and I’ve been through such bad trauma that I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, as I said, which is a severe form of PTSD. Now I can’t take antipsychotics at all. The future is scary for me. The bipolar diagnosis was removed during the last 3 1/2 years and I did get the right diagnosis from here. I’m seeing a new counselor tomorrow who hopefully can help me deal with these things now that my body is basically overly sensitive to most mental health medications. So I just want to share my story maybe to help you out and let you know that yes, what you are describing can be very bad and it affected me and everyone around me. I’m sorry that you are going through this.