Do you write better than you speak/talk? Or other way around

• Write better
  • Speak better
  • Equal

0 voters

I easily write better. When I speak I plan on saying something but come my turn I take a shortcut and say the wrong thing. I’m easily a better writer than talker.

2 Likes

On the contrary, if it were 1 v 1 talking id probably be equal. But in a group setting I get terrible anxiety

1 Like

I’m a pretty eloquent talker. But, I’m a fantastic writer. And I’m not bragging either. It’s just the truth.

2 Likes

Writing is accent free.

2 Likes

I find it hard to communicate. I can’t think in terms of a flowing conversation

I don’t know what I do better

3 Likes

Writers speak the best they can think of. Speakers are more real with people. I write but try to read it with accent or feeling.

2 Likes

I can write way more better than speaking

3 Likes

Writing for sure. I get thought blocking and sometimes have a slur. I’m a bad group conversationalist though I can do okay with one on one with people I know. I clam up with strangers. That’s my social anxiety talking…or should I say not talking.

1 Like

My train of thought derails more easily when I speak. Writing forces me to slow down.

I go off on tangents when I speak very often. It’s pretty frustrating but most of my listeners are pretty patient.

2 Likes

What @keepsimple said.

2 Likes

write good - speak bad lol

1 Like

I am pretty quick witted but my new brain lacks depth. I can’t concentrate long on deep conversations or writing. I’d like to have the capacity to write a novel. I have some solid ideas but my brain is old and it’s just not up too it.

I can talk a lot and write too but mainly poetry these days.

1 Like

I am far better at writing , rather than speaking. Cos i get to review what ive written and can adjust it. In real life im an extremley quiet person and usually stumble on what im saying. Thats why i like these forums so much - cos i can be chatty - and yet know what ive said and edit if appropraite.

1 Like

Writing by far I’m better at than speaking. I’m awful on the phone lol! Umm… uh…uh…Ummmm. you get the picture! :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.