Do you worry deeply about dying at our expected age of 65 or whatever it is

I do or premature suffering from cardiovascular obesity related disease

I worry bout stroke disability from stroke like even blindness and wheelchair

And cancer or diabetes again blindness as a complication and loss of energy

So I’m going to make a fresh start tomorrow to look after my health hopefully it’s not too late

What kind of worries do you have
Do you have resolutions

2 Likes

I barely smoke tobacco. Even less alcohol. I think if all goes to plan I’ll live past 65, maybe not much more if you factor in that life expectancy may go up.

1 Like

I don’t worry about keeling over. It’s just part of life. I do worry about quality of life though. I really don’t want to get anymore diseases like diabetes.

2 Likes

Yes I worry about it. I’m nearly 50.

Apparently eating just 300 calories less than youd normally eat is great for your cardiovascular health. So I’m sticking to 1800 calories a day. I’ll also be losing weight at that level.

1 Like

I exercise and eat healthy so if things go well, I hope to live a long healthy life!

1 Like

No because gonna I’m gonna beat it’s ass

3 Likes

I do remember studying something on calorie restriction a long time ago. And it said that it sets off systems in your body that are protective but this was animal studies not human studies. But I think they’ve done human studies where it showed improved blood marker levels. Idk how extensive those studies were thou. Thnks for the article

1 Like

I’m only worried about getting Alzheimer’s in my seventies. Half of my grandmother’s siblings as well as she herself got it in their older years. Even then that fear is 35 years away.

1 Like

Oh gosh yes I forgot to mention that one. I hope you don’t get it.

1 Like

LS! Yes, I do worry about cancer or becoming deaf (having tinnitis aggrevates this). And I worry about not waking up any more. My age is 61. I have tried CRON (Caloric Restriction Optimal Nutrition) for three years when I was 40. I am now 61. I do intermittent fasting (I fast Thursdays and Sundays). I have tried giving myself a senolytic treatment, Loose leaf black Ceylon tea, one gram of fisetin, one and a half gram of quercetin and tocotrienols for six days, this seemed to make me stronger. I spent 200 dollars a month on dietary supplements. I exercise daily, four times a week I do strength training. I take good care of my teeth (oh the dental hygienist bills!). I get help showering and the nurse said that I have the body of a 40 year old. I talk a lot to people about dying.

1 Like

4 times a week of excercise nice work :+1:

1 Like

LS! Me too I have diabetes type 2. But with exercise, diet and supplements I won this battle. Two weeks ago the doctor told me my HbA1C at 42 was low enough so I could try without medication, metformin. I was not willing to do so however, maybe next time.

1 Like

I’m 60, and in some ways death would be a blessing. I’m not ready to die just yet however. My painful knee would go away.

1 Like

I’m 57. I just recently gave up cigarettes again (day3.) I rarely drink but I do smoke pot but I believe pot smoke isn’t bad for you…I am ready to die when it’s my time, I’m not afraid.

3 Likes

Good luck with the cigarette quitting… Addictions are not easy to conquer I’m working on one too… We can do it maybe

I was supposed to be dead at 40 because of my crap heart and I’m still going at 50. 10 years of sudden death overtime so far. You’ve just gotta keep on keeping on and not let it make you crazy.

1 Like

Thanks, yea true.

I’m 59 and no, I don’t worry about it.

1 Like

I just turned 55, I am obese, I suffer with type 2 diabetes, I have high triglycerides and cholesterol levels and suffer from high blood pressure.
I worry about having a heart attack or stroke.

I also worry about dementia, it runs on both sides of my family.

1 Like

Happy birthday Wave.

Yea that would worry me too. But I hope you will continue to have a long enough good enough quality life. There are oldest people in the world and some are smokers for example.

I am thirty yet already obese with the noise of blood rushing in my head at night it’s frkkn disturbing.
But I try not to focus on it basically