Do you watch TV

I hate Food Network, it’s like watching the Weather Channel. It’s not practical! Nobody’s cooking or eating those dishes. I guess it’s better than the home shopping network. With my stepdad it’s Fox News and One America News all day :neutral_face:

I stay up late and watch Adult Swim by myself. In the morning I watch Nickelodeon for shows like Mom and George Lopez.

2 Likes

I watch sports Netflix about 5 hours of tv a day. I rather play video games tho. Cable is expensive

1 Like

In Soviet Russia, you don’t watch TV. TV watches you.

4 Likes

I only watch netflix, youtube and google play movies on chromecast. I can’t stand ads on tv!

1 Like

During my first hospitalisation i thought i was getting messages from tv.

I went years with out watching tv because i felt the people on tv were attacking me.
I still think the people on tv are attacking me but now its only swedish tv that has a hostile vibe and hateful and tries suppressing me putting me down etc

I recently started watching tv again but i only watch a couple of shows.
I do not watch the news but watch news updates and try to read headlines online.

I feel affectionate towards those on tv i watch or most of them anyway.

1 Like

Don’t have it.No money for network.I would be watching only VH1.I like “guess the year”.

1 Like

I kind of half watch tv,meaning my attention is going from the laptop to the tv screen and back again. I tend to watch the Fox channel on Now tv mostly as it has several crime series like Bones,The Mentalist, Monk and NCIS. I occasionally watch Blue bloods, Hawaii 5 o, and NCIS Los Angeles on another channel . I’ve seen many of the episodes several or more times.

I’ve tried watching ‘Seal team’ because my personal care assistant recommended it . It has the male lead from ‘Bones’ in it , and I’ve struggled to get used to him in a different role.

2 Likes

I do the computer and TV at the same time thing a lot, it feels natural and relaxes me a lot. I think the TV noise keeps me grounded and reminds me I’m in the room if that makes any sense, while I do other things.

3 Likes

i decided to switch the tv on tonight, have had benefits britain on lol, its ok

first time in ages, i usually dont watch tv

i think its a re-run

3 Likes

I adore tv eithet soccer matches or news or documentary
I rarely watch movies and series
I love it

1 Like

My Tv runs from waking up to going to bed.

2 Likes

I watch it a loot… I guess it was helping with the loneliness in the past. Now i switch sometimes more than before to some clips on internet, but i still do a lot of tv.

2 Likes

I had that issue too, I still do actually.

1 Like

I watch Netflix. I hardly ever put on normal TV.

I consume more internet than anything else.

1 Like

TV makes me mad. I prefer the demand pull model of INTERNET streaming to the force fed model of programmed TV. We cut the tv link several months ago.

1 Like

I watch a lot of sport but do watch the odd series or movie. I’m not a huge fan of the tv and haven’t watched the news in decades. I tend to read most news on the web.

2 Likes

I watch TV almost never since it add no value to my personal growth and recovery. I read good book and listen educational podcast instead. I think that TV is engineered to push your buttons, especially the news. This is not to say that I think who people are watching TV is any lesser. I just find it useless.

1 Like

I watch the news everyday in order to be “in the know”.

2 Likes

Sometimes I will watch it while I’m eating, other than that I rarely do watch it. I have Roku for my husband though. He seems to find plenty to keep him entertained, mostly Netflix I think.

1 Like

I zone out from it, only time I’m not is when I’m watching game shows, when I start going through multiple relapses a month, can’t even watch Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I’m hoping that changes though. Books are so hard to remember and absorb too, but I force and pace myself

1 Like