Do you use voice to text on your phone or computer to type?

I use voice to text to type on this forum on my phone etc and then I edit. I still lose words that I’m saying because I could be mid-sentence and lose what I’m saying. Otherwise it is better for me than typing because typing can be very irritating for me with concentration and losing what I’m saying much more easily. Sometimes when I use voice to text I miss funny things that the computer or phone misunderstood. I still have to edit with the voice to text but it helps… before all this when I was still working and was getting sick while I was working I didn’t understand why it was so hard for me to type memos and letters or anything. So I bought a Dragon program that types using a microphone. I was losing a lot of cognitive skills and didn’t even realize that it was related to mental illness.
Voice to text
… THAT’S why my posts are sometimes so long LOL. I’m a rambler

2 Likes

Also Voice to Text helps me with Google search and sending text messages and emails! I don’t know if it would be helpful for anyone else but it’s a feature on typical phones and you can get it for your computer

I remember the old Dragon Speak program. I like to laugh at the weird and sometimes sexual phrases it adds into your messages.

1 Like

Voice to text does that to me and I send some pretty crazy text messages sometimes lol

I use the opposite, text to speech.

2 Likes

I should do that too. My Google sometimes reads to me and I find that really helpful

1 Like

I don’t usually, but that’s because I can better formulate what I’m saying by typing than by how I speak.

1 Like