Do you think your better of alone..?

sometimes I think I am better of alone, than other times I think i’d like a girlfriend …What about you?

2 Likes

this song gave me the idea of this thread

3 Likes

I am more comfortable by myself. :squid::squid::squid:

1 Like

I have a dream, not sure if it will happen

1 Like

I’m happy just me my girlfriend family and a few friends.

1 Like

What’s your dream?

I have been alone for most of my adult life. I’m most comfortable that way.

1 Like

my main dream is too claim a fortune deservedly

That’s nice money always helps.

I don’t, I’ve been alone and my life was a wreck. I’m much better off with people who love me

in terms of a girlfriend maybe im better off alone. but I need some people in my life. family and friends. even if it’s only an hour or two a day. when my folks go on vacation and leave me without any social interaction im miserable and usually drink quite a bit til they get back.

I watched too many scary/horror movies in my life. I could never live alone.

1 Like

Me and my kiddos. I’m not alone but as far as having a boyfriend that will never happen and thankful for that

As long as I’m not depressed and down on myself it’s ok. I think I prefer some connection with people really. It doesn’t have to be a whole lot, just some to get by on. Mostly I’ve lived alone though.

No, I don’t think I’m better off alone. It’s more comfortable for me to be alone due to paranoia, but it’s not in my best interest.

The most important thing, in my opinion, for a happy, healthy life is social connections, especially the quality of close relationships (not necessarily sexual relationships).

As I said, I tend to isolate, and the more I isolate the less happy I am. Like anything I find uncomfortable, I have to push myself to get out of the house. Same with taking a shower. I have to push myself to take a shower. And I’m kicking and screaming as I go out of the house, or taking a shower, but there comes a point when, like the way a fever breaks, I feel good being outside with people; I feel good getting out of the shower. There’s no way around it: I have to push myself.

Let me ask this question: If you truly believe you’re better off alone, why are you a member of this website? Does this website, a form of socialization, help your mental health? Or are you better off alone?

1 Like

I’m definently better off alone (except for close family) nobody could possibly understand my schizophrenia and how real it is to me

1 Like

Sometimes i feel lonely, but I prefer the companion of my self. Relationships are too complicated

[quote=“HelenBack, post:15, topic:172366, full:true”]

Let me ask this question: If you truly believe you’re better off alone, why are you a member of this website? Does this website, a form of socialization, help your mental health? Or are you better off alone?
[/quote].

I did not say I was better off alone. That is debatable. I said I was more comfortable alone. Maybe I should have said living alone. I do get out of the house most days, at least a little bit.

@Ridgerunner

I appreciate your response, but I asked a general question, not a question directed at an individual.

I can definitely relate to what you are saying. Personally,I think no one would like to go through a tough time due to me. I would rather focus on my goals and ambitions and a girlfriend will come along, I do want one but it isn’t a priority. But I wouldn’t mind having a companion.

1 Like