Do you think you’ll be on meds rest of life?

I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to come off meds. That will be up to my doctors one day, I guess. Every time I’ve ever gone off meds before, I’ve run into trouble.

I get very irritable and get in trouble whenever I lower my dose and stopping meds is even worse. I dont want to kill myself or end up in prison for murder.

I also get very lonely off meds, I left all my friends and family when I went off meds, I almost ended up homeless. I think I did that to avoid hurting ppl.

No! I cut down my haldol recently I feel great! I now take 2.5 mg !! Within a year and a half I’ll be fine no meds no mental issues. I am pretty much recovered the last time I was hospitalized I was drinking at least 10 rockstar energy drinks a day! I looked it up they are suspected to cause schizophrenia. I know high dose caffeine can cause psychosis. I’m like 88 percent sure it was chemicals I was putting into my body that cause problems. Psychosis does not run in my family ! I’m at half a pill of haldol I’m staying on that for a while then a quarter of a pill there’s no hurry though

It’s important to get sleep everyone who has a history of psychosis should get 8 hours of sleep a night!

1 Like

I don’t know for sure yet. I’m gonna try at some point to get off of them but am not sure if I will be successful or not.

I think it runs in my fam. but just wasn’t talked about back in the days. I find out more that I could have some great great grandparent who struggled more than me. Since it wasn’t really talked about it would be hard to know. I dont like the idea it runs in the fam. but if it does than it does.

Im grateful there are better medications available and that people are treated with more dignity and respect than in the past. I know the label isnt me. Its just one aspect of something I struggle with. If there was a cure at this point I’d be all for it…for now a temp. cure is as good as it can be.

1 Like

I hope so
If the supply chain and society and war climate change destitution etc
I’ll be ■■■■■■

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.