Do you think you can still be happy if you’ve had no sleep the night before?

In your honest opinion? I’m asking cause I’m struggling with sleep at the moment. And this seems to make my social anxiety worse

Oh, i get more paranoid and unhappier if i didnt sleep one night… I can get even a bit verbally aggressive if i didnt sleep, yeap :confused:
I ignore why its like this. I have irl friends and they can easily make a night and have no symptoms on the next day…

2 Likes

Yes mate - I hear you - im the same. Total arsehole if i dont get at least 10 hours.

3 Likes

When you’re having trouble with sleep everything becomes stressed. Try taking trazadone if you can, ask your doctor.

2 Likes

Sleep is essential to well being!

Cut out all caffeine if you are having trouble sleeping as the first rule.

Adjust to new cycle by going to bed at same time and getting up at the same time every day.

Use your bed to sleep only. It conditions you.

I know it can be difficult as some meds make it impossible to sleep.

2 Likes

I feel very bad if I don’t sleep at least a few hours.

1 Like

I’m suffering from insomnia, for at least 11 months now. If I’m lucky, I sleep every other day. My second psychologist increased my sleep meds but it has no effect. Now on my new psychologist. I think she does not know that I can’t sleep good. But I told her. I just had my first appointment with her this month. But I’m going from imense feeling of tiredness to an increased amount of being woke up and ready to do something. Both things just last for a couple of minutes.

1 Like

I need my 10 hours of sleep to function. If I don’t sleep well my symptoms get worse.

1 Like

I get sick and my heart beats strangely without enough sleep. But I tend to get slap happy and find things amusing

1 Like

For just one night, I think you can, but it’s not likely. I tend to stay up multiple nights on end (my longest was either 3 or 4). It’s not fun when it’s that long, but sometimes when I only stay up for a single night, I do feel fine the next day. Like, today is an example. It’s now 7:30 a.m. for me and I feel fine despite not sleeping. Sleep is important, though, and I don’t recommend staying up if you can fall asleep. I hope your sleeping troubles have gotten better since you posted this.

1 Like

No, it’s not good not sleeping. I had trouble sleeping after I switched from Zyprexa to Abilify, but now am sleeping 5 or 6 hours. Zyprexa was very sedating, and I was sleeping 10 or 12 hours on it.

1 Like

One night without sleep actually triggers adrenalin and whatnot in your body so you may find yourself weirdly energetic, but also easily aggravated. More than that and your functioning is going to start dropping bc of how tired you are.

I would say that if your sleep is messed up that is definitely going to impact your happiness negatively. Try to fix it with medication if you’ve tried all the natural remedies.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be able to go without sleep. My symptoms get worse when i get less sleep. I think i’d go totally bonkers if i went 4 days without sleep.

1 Like

sometimes I feel less depressed but I feel like if I lost a night of sleep I would more irritable today.

1 Like

No I feel extremely tired and lethargic if I lack sleep.

2 Likes

I am awful with no sleep. I sleep 10 hours at night and then a 2 hour nap during the day. So 12 hours awake and 12 hours asleep.

2 Likes

Thank you. I hope yours get better too. I had a good sleep last night after taking slow release melatonin. So hopefully it keeps working

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.