Do you think we should be locked down now and over Christmas?

i made a fire pit - not a very good one

we’re having Christmas outdoors
my sister has some studio lighting, so it won’t be completely dark
if it’s raining just do it the next day i guess
we do Christmas on Christmas eve because of my mum being German

3 Likes

Locked down? Why?

omechron is 10,000 new cases a day and doubles every other day
all the hospitalisations
vulnerable family members including myself

1 Like

I’m not bothered either way.

I’m trying to lock my family down as much as possible, but it’s difficult with my wife needing to visit her family. I’m really hoping that Omicron is a milder variant because we are so screwed if it is not.

1 Like

@ozymandias
just heard this morning - indicators are it’s about 29% less likely to have hospitalisation
but with 3 x the numbers it’s going to be bad

1 Like

Oh. Definitely not. At the assisted living center where I live they make an effort to make a good Christmas for us. They give us presents, and they make us a Christmas dinner. Actually, Christmas isn’t bad for me, under most circumstances. One time I was in jail on Christmas, but that was the only time I hated Christmas. Usually I get some egg nog and watch “A Christmas Carol” on tv. The holiday I hate without fail is New Year’s Day!!! Arrgh. I hate it even though it is my birthday.

Here in England there is good telly on over the festive period and New Years.

Hell no!!! If we keep locking down we will destroy our economies and Western Civilization as we know it will go down the tubes.

1 Like

maybe i should have just said in uk

6 Likes

I’m on my way to my family now. Not planning on freaking out more than necessary.

1 Like

Lockdown isn’t going to stop anti vaxxers from congregating.

1 Like

Haven’t enough died of Covid now to convince the others they’re being stupid?

3 Likes

You’d think so. I have seen at least a dozen news stories about former anti-vaxxers on ventilators telling other people to get the shot on social media.

1 Like

husband improved on the fire pit this morning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.