Do you think we can get another mortgage with his salary alone?

I was working but only earning around £10,000 a year but probably less because I was on zero hours contract and working part time. He earns around £65000 and owns his own place but its too far from London. If I go there I’ll lose my freedom pass . All my treatment is here I can’t move too far out. London houses cost around £600,000 and up with the house we want. Do you think its possible? He can’t afford it right now so we have to wait a bit.

65,000 isn’t enough for a $600,000 mortgage. Not even close

1 Like

[Key Takeaways. The general rule is that you can afford a mortgage that is 2x to 2.5x your gross income. Total monthly mortgage payments are typically made up of four components: principal, interest, taxes, and insurance (collectively known as PITI).] --investopedia.com

1 Like

It’s supposed to be paid back over a number of years.

Yes. But even at 30 years, it’s not enough

1 Like

That’s really weird … my mum currently has two mortgages and doesn’t work but the rent pays some of it … I’m really not sure how this is gonna work.

1 Like

I’m not sure either. Maybe talk to someone at the bank and ask your questions there

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.