Do you think this makes me more creative

When my friend drives places always takes the same exact route every single time. Never changes it up. I’m always looking for new faster shorter more enjoyable routes. I try to avoid traffic, I try to take scenic roads and other stuff.

I wonder if things like this make you more creative. Someone once told me that drugs it self don’t make you more creative but rather to be a drug addict you got to be creative with your scheming and ways of getting money to support your habit. I guess this comes from the same philosophy of thought.

5 Likes

I think it means you think outside the box more than others. I like to think I’m creative, but I tend to take the same routes, because going outside my routine makes me a bit nervous.

1 Like

When I was driving, I always took the shortest routes. And that usually meant using the interstates and the main roads. And I always took the same routes to places. If I was to take scenic routes, I would have got lost, or gotten into even more accidents or more tickets. My younger sister is getting to be the same way. She is starting to let her husband drive her around more.

2 Likes

You bring up a good point, I talk about my memory being one of my greatest attributes, but my second greatest attribute is probably my directional intelligence… I’m like a human GPS. So maybe the fact that I’m so confident with these abilities, gives me the ability to experiment with different routes more. I think it may stimulate certain parts of the brain Though and help you in some ways because the brain is like a muscle

1 Like

I really prefer reading in Russian to reading in English.

1 Like

Creativity very much depends on emotions. If you are cold as a fish, chances are you won’t amount to much in terms of coming up with original ideas. My 2 cents.

1 Like

True. I complained to one doctor I had that I thought the meds were hurting my creative abilities or whatever when I write, and he straight up laughed at me.

I think they did at first for me, kind of dulled me, but then I got used to the meds and now my creativity is at an all time high because of it helping my mental functioning return

1 Like

I agree, I would be worse without my meds in the long run.

But the things I was taking when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me, really interfered with my emotions. I think of emotions as creative fuel, while your though process whether it be in the lines or outside the box, are the engine for whatever you create.

2 Likes

My meds make me cold as a fish. And that’s why I am not very creative on the piano. It’s probably why I don’t write music anymore too.

1 Like

But, I wrote some of my best music while on three different AP’s all at once.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.