Do you think the people of earth will ever colonize Mars? Poll

I personally think that eventually we will have the tech and will to colonize Mars.

What do you think?

• Yes, eventually
  • No, never

0 voters

1 Like

I think they may have some sort of set up on Mars with a select group.

But I don’t think it will be successful and it’ll never be the new Earth.

1 Like

Lets colonize my house lol

Not sure but technology has no limit, it keeps improving.

1 Like

Yeah, barring us killing ourselves off before then or some catastrophic event, I agree that tech will just continue to improve more and more until we are at the point we will be capable to do it.

2 Likes

I sure won’t…

1 Like

Only if they beg me.

1 Like

I think that the envirnment on Mars isn’t suitable for us earthlings.

2 Likes

It isn’t right now, @walterchang .
Scientists are looking for ways to terraform Mars - that is, to create suitable conditions for human existence. An atmosphere, water, plants etc. It will take hundreds, maybe thousands of years to do that.

2 Likes

we need to spend space exploration on starving children and help the poor, not send more rockets into space…

5 Likes

I agree with @jukebox .

2 Likes

@SkinnyMe @jukebox Would you rather have the Soviet Union or USSR land a man on the moon first? What about all the scientific, medical, engineering and astronautical knowledge gained from a zero-gravity lab environment? Or the partnership of space agencies of different regions of the world such as the ESA (European Space Agency), NASA (National Aeronautics & Space Administration), CSA (Canadian Space Agency), JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) and Roscosmos (Russian Federation Cosmonautical Agency).

Some governments in the world allocate funds in their respective national budgets to alleviate poverty & hunger. However, those who are unfortunate like our schizophrenic selves need to help ourselves first.

2 Likes

I think we need to worry about our own world first because if we can’t manage this one I wonder how well we’ll manage another one.

4 Likes

I’m sure about it.

1 Like

We ruined Earth so now we are determined to destroy Mars too.

It’s sad.

2 Likes

We are the worst species upon earth.
We would pollute the whole universe if we could

1 Like

I also agree to the fact we might never get to colonize another planet before we destroy ourselves here. Overcrowding, deforestation, pollution and depletion of natural resources are very real threats. A 3rd world war (use of nuclear arsenal), though improbable, might still happen and would mean throwing the few surviving humans back to the stone age at best.

1 Like

They visited us first.

2 Likes

I look at it like this: If we damage Mother Nature enough, she will get rid of us. The Earth will shake us off like a case of bad fleas. We’re no threat to the planet. Think of all the ways Mother Nature could wipe us out. Every so often the Earth gets hit by a huge asteroid causing extinction level events. The planet will be fine; the people are fuucked. We are very fragile and are easily killed. When Mother Nature has had enough, away we will go.

2 Likes

I believe it happen once. I believe we had only one mass extinction as a result of an asteroid hitting earth.

There’s been something like 5 or 6 mass extinctions. We are on the precipice of one taking place right now. Species are going extinct at an unprecedented rate.