Do you think schizophrenia is a tremendous burden to bear?

Even if you have recovered from the positive symptoms?

With all due respect, doesn’t that go without saying?

1 Like

It is a life changer for sure.

1 Like

Without a doubt

1 Like

Yea it’s some heavy chit

2 Likes

What if you don’t have voices or hallucinations and you have recovered from the positive symptoms…?

1 Like

It’s like taking a dump that won’t end

6 Likes

It’s a hell of a burden. I long for the days before I was sick, but that was so long ago, I was just a kid. I’ve mostly recovered for now, but it’s still very hard for me, perhaps harder than I let on.

2 Likes

In a word - YES. 151515151515

It’s some Heavy Duty ■■■■ … no doubt.

2 Likes

For some people it is not that bad, objectively it destroys their lives but subjectively it makes it easier to cope with this situation.

Sure it’s a tremendous burden, but, for me, it’s a bearable one. I see others with much worse problems and think, “there but for the grace of God…” Everyone has problems, I’m just lucky enough to know what mine are.

:blush:

1 Like

No, because dumps are fun and schizophrenia isn’t.

2 Likes

I think you’re right about that pixel. It’s good to see some optimism in such a somber discussion. Thanks for that.

The human population should be glad that schizophrenia affects less than 1% of the world population. An estimated 24 million cases globally in 2013.

yeah the intrusive thoughts :frowning:

1 Like

It’s no fun but neither are a lot of other things when it comes to health. Physically I’m in pretty good shape…mentally it’s managed with the medications. I’m doing a lot better than a lot of folk.

It’s a burden…but not unbearable!

The negative symptoms are underrated

1 Like

yes, but less though if you have a good support system.

Like, it doesn’t feel like a burden. Your brain isn’t built with a warning like “You now have schizophrenia!” It doesn’t hurt. It’s just frustrating.