Do you think modern society is oppressive to women just in a different way?

I used to go out in town for nights out a lot and every night men would grab me inappropriately like they had jurisdiction over my body.

1 Like

That’s not exactly what I mean…

I don’t think modern society in the western world is oppressive to women. Perhaps in other countries in the Middle East or South Asia where women are treated there is oppression. Most western countries give women many rights and freedoms that aren’t found elsewhere in the world.

Illness is the only form of oppression. /nihilism

Soral a raison.

1 Like

You’ve posted like fifty questions that are basically the same.

Saying that these retro values are superior and women should fear the workplace.

These kinds of statements cause arguments,

Which is fine,

But not for this forum.

Pretty much any other forum on the internet is a go.

1 Like

I’m not sure you really understand the word “sexist”.

From Wikipedia:
Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person’s sex or gender. Sexism can affect either gender, but it is particularly documented as affecting women and girls.

So since you are telling me that I am being sexist, that means that you think I am applying a gender discrimination based on a person’s sex?

I have never done that in my life and no, saying that girls and boys are different is not being sexist.

So I don’t really like you to say I am sexist since I am not.

This is prejudice. By your own definition, that makes you sexist.

But I’m done with this. There’s nothing you can say to convince me you’re not sexist. If that’s not who you want to be, work on it in yourself.

I didn’t say that. You are twisting my words.

I don’t mind what you think of me. You can think whatever you want. You can call me anything. I’m not sure you would do the same if you would have met me in real life. It is easy to do in a web forum.

But you will not convince me I am sexist. I know who I am. And my mom, my goddaughter, my sister and all the girls I have known in my life never called me a sexist.

@Diana_Ross7. Please stop posting the same types of threads over and over. You were requested to stop several days ago by another Mod. The next time will result in a suspension.

Also, although (based on your posts) you seem to be against both meds and therapy, I think you should consider being more open to these treatment options.

1 Like