Do you think meds are pro/cons for your mortality?

Do you think meds will extend your life or harms you and you lived a shorter life?

1 Like

Meds are mysterious, even to the pharmacist. You never know what they can do really. But I think generally I hope for the best and I think that helps. And try to not let the meds stop me from trying things and still living a healthy lifestyle.it just requires much more effort

1 Like

Ofc it extends life. I would be dead without my meds, they stop my suicidal voices.

1 Like

Meds are an essential part of my well being.
Without meds I’d be in jail, homeless or dead.

4 Likes

I’d just drift into a dream world and think I could fly and jump off a building without meds.

But I live an extremely unhealthy lifestyle as I have no motivation. So that’s going to come back and haunt me someday.

2 Likes

Considering that I can be suicidal without and that I’ve made genuine suicide attempts, they’ve already extended my life. That’s beyond question.

2 Likes

I’d be years dead, multiple times without them

I just see them as postponing the inevitable. I recently took an overdose and I ■■■■■■ it up and ended up in the emergency room.

That night not even the meds could stop this.

I hate the fact that I have to put up with so many defects in my mind that sure, positive symptoms are well managed, but everything still seems so hard.

I have not given up completely. I am going to re-train as a nurse, so I guess I need to get over this feeling, and I hope having a higher purpose in my work will help with these thoughts I am rambling about

1 Like

I would have been dead by my own hand long ago without the meds. So, they definitely extend life. Meds greatly increase the risk of breast cancer and diabetes. So, there’s that. But, there’s treatment for those.

Oh definitely extend. I would’ve ended up killing myself.

Medications have changed my life for the positive for sure.

Medications have definitely saved my life and have kept me out of the psychiatric ward for good. I also have insight into my illness and function in the right state of mind. I came close to death a couple of times when I was off medication but managed to not get harmed. It was scary how out of touch with reality I became. There are still side effects of the medication that I’m dealing with like high prolactin levels, slightly high cholesterol, sleeping too much but overall I’m doing a lot better than 2 years ago.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.