Do you think a garden appreciates or depreciates a property?

just something im thinking about. right now I have 5 raised beds for my veggie garden. at the moment I have mulch down to walk in between the beds without the weeds coming up. I was thinking about maybe replacing the mulch with something more permanent like gravel or pebbles but im also going to be looking to sell this place in 5 to 10 years. and gravel or pebbles would be harder to remove when I go to sell it. do you think a garden is a selling point or not?

I think the biggest selling point is my place is handicap accessible, as it has a wheelchair ramp in the back. could see myself selling it to someone older or just anybody in a wheelchair really and I don’t think they would be gardening.

1 Like

when I was talking to dad. I was telling him all the things im thinking about doing to the property. he said he would help some with labor and money.

1 Like

probably the most expensive things I want to do is build a newer barn. and put in a retaining wall behind the house. I don’t know if that’s realistic or not and I probably shouldn’t spend that much money, but everything else, I can realistically do.

dad estimated the retaining wall would be at least $20,000 and the barn would probably be $30-80,000. if I spent that much i’d never get it back and might as well stay here.

1 Like

and yes im the partial owner of the least valuable house in the neighborhood. haha. :grin:

but the lot and property is nice, just a cheap house on it.

1 Like

Do you have a ReStore where you live? It’s a local shop where people donate construction supplies. You can buy a 2x4 for like a few dollars. It’s run by habitat for humanity.

2 Likes

Beautification may increase property values but you may also see a tax increase. Just depends.

2 Likes

https://www.habitatindiana.org/find-a-restore
Restore sells lumber, bricks, epoxy, paint, doors, windows, tiles, grout and etc. people remodel their houses and instead of throwing stuff away they donate it. Nice antiques too. I’ve even seen trusses there.

1 Like

There is also Facebook market place sometimes you can get items there. I got a new bathroom and kitchen pretty much because of that. It’s not brand new some stuff anyway but it works

3 Likes

Totally off topic, but I really like your profile pic @cbbrown. You look beautiful!

2 Likes

@cbbrown. Doesn’t she look stunning?

3 Likes

Thank you @Happy_H and @Loke

3 Likes

@cbbrown. Your skin looks really good

2 Likes

I use Witch hazel actually

2 Likes

Seriously? Are you eating vegetables too. I was eating raw spinach for a while too and my aunt said I had glowing skin.

2 Likes

Eating better does help but I had a doctor tell me not to wash my face in the bath or shower but afterwards. I drink green tea like a lot. Almost completely cut off sugar. That was hard. And I made a goal for myself to only drink pop at group.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.