Do you tell other people you will die?

I always tell people I will die,that’s really unusual as people without schizophrenia never tell people that they will die in anyway or any form

I have a dilated cardiomyopathy gene. I sometimes tell people that I will die earlier than them.

And yes, I may die earlier than everyone else.

1 Like

Our disease cancel out 10 years of our life

Yeah, I comprehend that.

The fact is, we all die. Every living being on this Earth dies.

I think after my seizures I understood that death should not be feared. When it’s time for me to go, I’ll go.

1 Like

Im 45 now - and i reckon ill be dead from cancer or similar by the time im 65-70. But im not scared in the slightest. I nearly died when in intensive care years ago - and it put a new perspective on my life. Its the living bit im currently scared of!

Ive had intuition a couple of times when other people are gonna die - and they have done. Part of me likes to think its divine karma - cos they were real shits to me.

When your times up, your times up. Im not gonna worry about dying and let it cloud my bloody living.

The last time I was psychotic I used to say I was going to die. I don’t know why I used to say that. Maybe because I was feeling really bad.

I thought I’d die first time during psychosis. I have a theory I might have done if People havent interviened.

Theres a lot of reasons why the average life span is lower for those with schizophrenia. Some studies include suicides and accidental deaths, which can drastically lower the average. Another big issue is the comorbidity of substance use including tobacco. The third issue is higher rates of obesity.

Staying clean of substances and eating healthy with a dash of exercise will do wonders to lengthen your lifespan.

With all that being said, not much you can do about accidental deaths, and I try not to worry about that too much.

No don’t tell them that you will die :fearful: :fearful:

1 Like

Er… Guessing that makes it difficult to make friends?

2 Likes

Everyone eventually dies.
Some sooner than others.

1 Like

If I don’t shape up I’ll die sooner than I should. It’s scary to be 58 (my age) and read in the news that people who are 45 or 50 years old are having strokes and heart attacks and dying from them. My grandfather died from a stroke when I was one years old. My dad had two heart attacks that almost killed him when he was just a little bit older than I am now. He later died from cancer when he was 72 and then my mom died from cancer when she was about 74. So it runs in the family. I don’t tell people I’m going to die except to myself if I don’t get on the ball and exercise.

1 Like

Do you smoke?
I smoke and add on being a schizo,I got 20 years of my life reduce.Luckily I exercise regularly but I guess I will be gone sooner then normal people

yea wen I thought I was gonna die due to the voice telling me so I told everyone in my family n they were obviously confused loll

I don’t / didn’t tell anybody about the reduced life span or the fact that I reckon I’ve only got 10 years left (I’m 50). I think that’s a crappy thing to do. My father was always going on about how he was going to die soon and it caused me enormous distress. He lived till he was about 85 !

I thought I would die at age 27.
Now i am almost 30

1 Like

The statistic doesn’t mean literally every schizophrenic will die at any certain age. The statistic is an average. The average life expectancy for a so-called “normal” man is roughly 75 or 76 years old. But plenty of men live to be in their eighties or even nineties. You can do certain things to put the odds of living longer in your favor. Quitting smoking would be the number one thing for your health and quitting will add years to your life. I personally don’t smoke.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.