Do You Tear Up...?

I’ve never been able to sing:
“I want to be the one to walk in the sun,”

1 Like

I tear up easily.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly the last time I cried was this week after a sad dream. As soon as I woke up from it, I had tears. It was about a family member.

1 Like

It doesn’t take a lot to make me cry.

Anything from an ASPCA commercial to just thinking about potential tragedy.

1 Like

When I was on Invega I only cried once during two years. Not even at a funeral was I able to shed tears. Then they took me off invega and put me on something else, and within days I had shed more tears than I’d done for several years prior.

Now I have days where a song is enough to make me cry. Other times, I cry when no one sees me to let out some overflowing emotions, usually frustration.

1 Like

@Pikasaur I’m not sure if it was the same for you, but being on Effexor seemed to make me dead inside. I couldn’t laugh, or cry. I personally am better off it

1 Like

THat’s how I felt on Invega. I had no emotions, good nor bad. I laughed when I was expected to laugh, but it was just a facade. After I switched meds, people started commenting how much more alive I seemed. At first I was embarassed that I was crying more easily, but now I’m glad to be more in touch with my emotions.

1 Like

@Pikasaur same here. I’m so glad to be getting my emotions back, even if they are over the top at times. At least I feel human and alive

1 Like

It’s rare for me to cry, but a few memories make me cry sometimes.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s interesting. I cry all the time, but I don’t think a memory has ever made me cry.

2 Likes

Yeah, remembering the doctors taking my son away from me makes me cry still. Not always, but if I’m already feeling depressed because I’m missing him that memory will usually bring tears.

And the memory of my boyfriend’s face right before he threw me down the stairs the last time. I will never forget how happy he looked and how broken I felt. That’s the moment I gave up on myself and knew for sure this was how I was going to die. That certainty broke something insider me and every time I have a nightmare and remember that moment I always wake up crying.

5 Likes

I cried today when I found out my therapist dropped me as a client

1 Like

Oh wow those are very traumatic memories. I didn’t even consider that.

Come to think of it the memory of trying to keep my neighbor alive when he committed suicide still makes me cry.

3 Likes

@Hanna_Foxx I’m so sorry to hear that. Did she give you a reason why?

@LED I’m not sure what to say, other than I’m sorry this has happened to you. I hope you can have some small measure of peace, knowing you are amongst friends here

1 Like

I was like that all my life since I was a child. Anything sad or touching or heartwarming or especially beautiful would always induce me to tears. Like movies, tv, commercials, songs, prayers, sermons or homilies. Particularly during all those years from 1 to 45 years old when I was depressed.

Now, on multiple AP meds and an AD, I never cry or tear up anymore. And I’m no longer depressed.

1 Like

I watched Beaches a few months ago and absolutely lost it when they played Wind Beneath My Wings in the final beach scene.

It was ugly.

2 Likes

I cry from time to time. A movie, song, something I see on the news.

The graveyard scene from the movie Torch Song Trilogy always makes me cry.

1 Like

Nope she just dumped my case onto another social worker without telling me

1 Like

Last time I had some tears was when I found out that I have sz 10 years ago.

2 Likes