Do you take an AP with an AD?

My last diagnosis was Sz. I was first diagnosed SzA. I’ve tried stopping the AD, but everytime I do I get depressed. I don’t know if I’m really SzA or Sz with depression. I take Abilify and Cymbalta. I know better to not stop taking the AP.

3 Likes

Yes. I take an AP and an AD. I have Sza depressive type

1 Like

Well maybe my first diagnosis was correct. Do you have to always stay on an AD?

1 Like

Yes. I become suicidal without it

1 Like

Same here. The last time I wasn’t talking the Cymbalta I was suicidal too.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m going to worry about whether the depression is gone or if I need an AD. I really don’t want to become suicidal again.

1 Like

Don’t pay too much attention to diagnostic labels we are ultimately treating symptoms.

4 Likes

Thanks @vyom. Maybe I shouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Yes i take an AD - Venlafaxine, with my AP’s. My diagnoses are Schizophrenia and Major Depression.

1 Like

I’m on Olanzapine and Cipralex.

1 Like

I was diagnosed as sza 5 years ago.
I had mood swings, and severe depression.
Now if i take too much antidepressant,
I’m going hypomanic

1 Like

İ m invega and prozac.both of them miracle drugs for me.without prozac i become suicidal

2 Likes

I’m on Wellbutrin. I just have sz. My AP is Invega and clozapine.

2 Likes

Depression is really common with sz. I found the Americans were more likely to diagnose sz aff with a mood disorder where over here in Australia you’ll be dxed sz with major depression. It’s probably more about the teaching of the prescribers and as someone else has said it’s more about treatment anyways.

Still. You do your own homework. I think I’m paranoid sz classic with major depression. I don’t see them as the same thing. I see them as separate brain issues and with geneology I can see that. I get depression from my dads side and sz from my mums…figure that out we’ll be nearer a cure for sure.

3 Likes

Thanks @Sezbot241 @TheCanuk @Om_Sadasiva @anon68444330 @Jonathan2. I appreciate your replies.

5 Likes

Thanks @rogueone. That’s interesting the differences between the countries. Maybe I just have had depression.

I’m on abilify and amitriptyline. The amitriptyline was prescribed for fibromyalgia but it did help at one point with my low moods.

1 Like

Thanks @anon44466342. I appreciate it.

1 Like

No worries. How’s everything going for you today?

1 Like

I was really stable when I got out of the hospital in 2008 on Zyprexa and Cymbalta. Then in 2011 I came down with diabetes and had to stop taking Zyprexa because of the diabetes. I went on Risperdal which caused a lot of problems.

1 Like