Do you suffer a lack of structure?

Isn’t that what people like about the hospital - Structure? I’ve learned to live without it after suffering three decades but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t have many routines and the ones I have I don’t stick to every day. I woke up at 2 a.m. after 7 hours sleep. I wish I’d gotten up at four but it would have been torment to lie in bed. What would I do in a structured environment? Do you ever really feel bad about no structure? It gets better. You can feel retired after suffering the work ethic beating you up 25 years. I expected too much of myself, it’s just sometimes I felt fine. Very confusing. I am going to play classical guitar in three hours. And I’ll do some small things that take some effort, like clean my kitchen. I’ll get out though I’m starting to feel people are not worth the effort, maybe it’s my thin skin? I don’t want to be like a child, or a wild animal. Reason over Emotion I tell myself. I have worked before three decades ago and I liked it and cherish my experience. Please don’t say I can do it again. I would have to do something different if I were to work again. I’m thinking I’d like to do a daily comic strip. I won’t tell you my idea, you might be tempted to steal it. Matt Groening decided to do his comic strip LIFE IN HELL and his father, who was a cartoonist, gave him the advice, Keep It Simple. He went on to co create THE SIMPSONS.

1 Like

Crankiness is an attitude I think :smile: But if we talk within dx context, its true that things like clinical depression can take you pretty far away before you pull yourself back again on the path that’s exciting as it was in your childhood. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.