Do you stop doing things?

I work hard and do new things or goals or make accomplishments with new strategies. I then get relief being more normal and old self. Like puzzles or a hobby or activity or some kind of exercise etc. Then bam I stop and I feel stuck again, nurse calls it loss of motivation. And then i regress again. But I have motivation at first and I am pleased then bam I just stop.andnit becomes a lot of effort.
Well I just got a dog, the perfect small therapy dog. I call him that. Has added more structure and action to.my life and connection. Came to me overweight so I walk him with my husband almost every day. He helps ground me. So much peace and distraction. I do everything for him
Now I am afraid I will stop taking care of him Like I stop everything else. Concerned I will fail, again, like he’s had people do in the past. He trusts me and I am his person.
Will I fail him? My husband said I won’t.
I have bipolar with psychosis and GAD and am schizotypal. I have a lot of trouble functioning daily and now I’m improving I take him everywhere And it’s my responsibility to do everything for him.
Sorry it’s long. I’m trying to.make sense with details.

4 Likes

Yes. Like, I started reading this 980-pages book a few months back. I stopped at page 648 and I can’t muster the drive and focus needed to finish it !
Maybe it’s mental or emotional burnout. I really don’t know myself anymore. As a kid/teen, I was really careless and books were my favorite passtime. But since getting ill with sz everything changed.

2 Likes

yea same for me. I used to like reading books but now i can’t concentrate on it anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah, I quit easily. I used to read books for fun everyday, but now it doesn’t look appealing anymore

2 Likes

Also, I used to take daily showers for some time until recently. Now suddenly I only take a full bath every 2 or 3 days and don’t like showers anymore.

4 Likes

I also lose motivation quickly, but I always try to be a little productive regardless, like I focus on what I can do rather than what I cant. It doesnt have to be all or nothing, just do your best.

But yeah it can be daunting at times. I had a pretty good study schedule going for a couple of weeks then I put it off for a week. Now Im like ahhh frig I can`t.

Anyway, congrats on the cutie pie(dog). Enjoy him!

2 Likes

I have great difficulty to start things nevermind stopping it without finnishing.

I would get an idea to do something but then never see it through. Sometimes my family helps me to get things done.

1 Like

I usually get started alright but I lose motivation after a period of time. I had someone tell me that it was the honeymoon phase. I do good for a while and then splat nothing anymore and I revert back to my old ways.

1 Like

I paused a coding project three weeks ago because I started gaming :-S. Got to get back into it, but I got used to the mindless grind and chatting in the game

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.