Do you still remember the early 1980s

Wearing boots and other clothing, having that special hair style and, of course, listening Rockabilly music ??

I was a rocker. This is what I listened to.
And also Mötley Crüe, Billy Idol, Europe, Kiss

I had same haircut as Billy Idol for a while. Everyone misstook me for a boy. Mom and dad forced me to have long hair instead. Was fine because I was a rocker.

2 Likes

I was in my twenties and on a fitness binge in the early eighties. I also was going to school, and my grades were good. I was pretty healthy, physically, but my brain was already succumbing to sz. I went downhill a lot faster when I started drinking again.

Never listened to rockabilly back then – it was Kiss, AC/DC, and Iron Maiden for me. Didn’t wear boots or have a mullet. Here in Canada, it was Beaver Canoe or Chip n’ Pepper shirts and Rainbow Painter Pants.

Edit: And Swatches. Can’t forget Swatches.

Pixel.

2 Likes

…and Stoner Jackets…and Kodiak Boots with the wide pant legs tucked under the tongue…and Adidas Gym Bags for your books…and Walkmans…

:wink:

3 Likes

…Atari 2600. Colecovision. Arcades. Rollerskating rinks. Video stores. Beta and VHS format war. MTV and MuchMusic.

Pixel.

3 Likes

Excellent memory, Pix!..

…and very little Political Correctness. A joke was just that, a joke.

2 Likes

This was the very first music video I ever saw. I was amazed that old people were dancing and acting silly…I’d never seen that before.

2 Likes

This was the Headpins best song, though…

2 Likes

True, dat. I miss Sam Kinison.

“Oh! Oh! OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!”

(Remember the ‘grilled cheese sandwich’ routine?)

Pixel.

2 Likes

Wasn’t born yet

3 Likes

And Metallica, slayer, anthrax, megadeath, and suicidal tendencies

2 Likes

…and don’t forget Meatloaf!..and Frampton!!..or was that the late '70’s? At any rate, they were two great artists around that era.

2 Likes

Don’t forget Canadian Band Loverboy! 1981…

1 Like

I miss the 80s, was in high school, we partied a lot to escape a crappy home life, i miss the fun, but not the bad things, started hearing God talking to me in the 80s, hid it well, didn’t get hospitalized until 1990, saw ratt and billy squirt in concert, ratt and Bon jovi, zzz top, heart, loved cyndi Lauper and still do…

2 Likes

Music from that era told stories…and the videos were often ‘campy’. But there was a real sweetness to 80’s music. A real explosion of creativity and diversity. I miss that era…everything about it.

Of course, I was 14 in 1980 so the whole decade was right in my teenage wheelhouse…which is why I get so nostalgic talking about that period of time.

3 Likes

I was born in the early 80’s, but reached awareness very young so I can remember back probably I’d say to 1984.

Got to watch my town go from a little gritty seaport to a yuppies paradise where you’re lucky if you can afford the rent. When both I and the town were in mid transition (90’s) the place was cool, a little of both worlds, nice place, low crime, but punks homeless kids and hippies hanging around the square. Then the cops bought a tank to drive around town and started parking cruisers in the square so us kids wouldn’t hangout. Make way for yuppies mutha’s.

1 Like

I saw Van Halen at the Montreal Forum in 1984…the Jump tour. I also saw U2 at Olympic Stadium in 1987…the Joshua Tree tour. My two favorite concerts from that decade.

2 Likes

Early 80’s. Group homes, hospitals, medicated into a shuffling stupor. Then, out of the hospital! Hurray!
Michael Jackson and “Thriller”. Masdonna and “Like a Virgin” ,which by the way, she is the total opposite of. Sorry, cheap humor. Yeah, The Police and “Roxanne”. Aerosmith makes a much-needed comeback. “Jenny, Jenny” (867-5309) playing every 5 seconds on the radio. Using Mousse in my hair and wearing bright red shirts and jet black pants to my job cleaning hot tubs.

2 Likes