Do you still believe in loving kindness?

What do you think loving kindness is? And do you believe it can save us?

1 Like

It exists! Why aren’t we excepting into our life’s is the question. We accept the love we think we deserve ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Think I’m starting too let it into my life. Just struggling with it atm as it’s all new to me.

Will it save us? Is loves still worth fight for is the question. Loves a magic force but will not make all your problems magically go away. Took me a long time to lean that. It’s a toxic belief that it will. It puts a great deal of pressure on a relationship and few survive it.

3 Likes

I don’t know about it saving us, There are many in the world doing their best to spread love and kindness, sadly there are just as many not in that frame of mind. Luck of the draw on who you come across and what their motives are.

Unless a loved one is effected by Schizophrenia, most people will spend little time researching and understanding it, and most of us will not be out there making friends so were up against a uphill battle

1 Like

You’re like a rock star tonight. I’d appreciate you posting some stuff I disagree with so I can not like it.

3 Likes

If I take large doses of anti psychotics I strongly believe in love and kindness and if I take low dose or skip a dose then I believe in irony and in general time to time I believe I got to earn lots money and help you guys and myself too. Honest reply. The Truth. Nothing but the truth.

I like a general atmosphere of compassion where I reside. You have to be careful not to get too free with your money, though. Not where I live. People can kind of come at you with an attitude like, “I can tell you’re a really cool guy, and I know you would loan me money because that is what a cool guy would do.” The reality is that the word “loan” means “give”. In spite of that I would “loan” a few people money around here, except that when I loaned one person money, other people would be standing in line to get money from me too. There’s been times when I turned people down who asked me to loan them money and I felt kind of bad about it, but I need to be careful that I don’t start getting mobbed when I loan money.

2 Likes

I do.

I’m into random acts of kindness, so it’s not about giving someone money, but helping make someone’s day a little bit easier with no ulterior motive. You do something because it’s the right thing to do: you get that can of corn off the shelf for the man in the wheelchair who can’t quite reach it; you meet someone who’s down and out and spend a few minutes trying to give that person a glimmer of hope to keep going.

These two quotes eloquently sum up what I’m struggling to say:

It’s up to you and you and you to give them hope. I know that you cannot live on hope alone, but without it life is not worth living.–Harvey Milk

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away.–Maya Angelou

i’ve never had a boyfriend who could cook chinese food at home as well as you who wasn’t actually asian . . .

I agree that we have to be careful not to get too free with money.

I understand, I will give people small bills so they can eat or pay for something, but I’m not rich and even if I was I would probably try to help them in other ways instead of becoming my own loan service. You can create an atmosphere of compassion without being a “pushover”. I really appreciate people that understand how to be and what it means to be compassionate. I didn’t get that when I was growing up and it’s painful being around my parents even as an adult because they believe things just fall into place if you just get mad enough, which is the opposite of what I try to be.

1 Like