Do you space out in long conversations?

Yes I do drift off all the time… and then want the conversation to end, but then I feel lonely again. Feels like I walk a tightrope in my mind all the time.

2 Likes

It happens often.
Even when reading.
Sometimes i can read through but my body makes my mind go blank. So i cant really understand conversation.

1 Like

When I’m interested I don’t. When it’s someone who keeps on talking about something boring I do.

3 Likes

I have a difficult time staying engaged in conversation because my mind is always flooded with thoughts. And I really don’t make a very valiant effort to listen intently to said conversations.

1 Like

I do it all the time

1 Like

Yeah. I was zoning out when my therapist was talking too much. I couldn’t help it, my eyes would even unfocuse. That was yesterday.

4 Likes

Yes ALL the time with my partner , most the time I have no clue what he talks about.

1 Like

I do if the other person is monologing.
I don’t mind conversations with an equal back and forth of listening and talking.
But if the other person starts talking and talking, and all I can do is say ‘yes’ or ‘mhm’ to show I’m listening, I tune them out and let my mind wander.

Likewise, if someone sends a long message, I sometimes just kinda skim it for context and important things and give a general response to the things I did catch.

2 Likes

All the time! I’m a terrible listener because I get distracted easily. Long conversations drain my energy and I just want to be left alone to read my books and recharge.

1 Like