Do you space out in long conversations?

I have a tendency to do this sometimes. Especially when my friend that calls once a week calls. I pay just enough attention to say things like " oh yeah?", “That’s good”, etc.
Thank God there are generally not quizzes at the end of such talks. lol.

17 Likes

I do it all the time. Also I easily lose my train of thought.

5 Likes

I space out in short conversations.

I try not to have long conversations, but I space out in those too. I’m pretty aloof.

3 Likes

Yes, I space out. I always have a voice chattering.

3 Likes

I do many times, And some how connect from the end to the start, which is even worse , very poor listener.

3 Likes

I space out and i say straight away that i lost the conversation and ask questions. I try to give 100 % when i chat with someone. It depends as well on the situation. Asking questions makes the conversation interesting to the listener and the teller.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m the same. I space out while listening and I lose my train of thought when talking.

4 Likes

Yes I have been spacing out a lot

3 Likes

Me: “Sorry Bro, I just lost my train of thought.”

Brother: “That’s okay. It was only carrying empty boxcars.” :laughing:

4 Likes

…Sorry, what did you just say?

8 Likes

Yes I do space out… Even in short conversations. I pretend to listen but the minimum is captured in my mind.

3 Likes

im getting better at chatting 2 way but still not a great listener

3 Likes

At the moment not so much. Since I quit meds and started keto. It still depends a bit on all sorts of things though - how tired I am, how interesting I find the topic and the person, how much distraction there is in my own mind. I used to space out a lot, but now less so.

3 Likes

Yeah I do in long conversations… becomes too much and kind of draining after awhile

3 Likes

I space out in 30 seconds lol. Im terrible at focused conversations

A lot of times i just see lips moving and I have automatic responses like “mmhmm , gotcha, oh thats interesting.” Just canned responses.

4 Likes

Since olanzapine gave me insomnia my brain seems to be unable to relax, so I’m also unable to space out. It has happened at a very few occasions though. And it feels heavenly to be able to relax.

2 Likes

My tremors start acting up when I’ve had enough.

3 Likes

i definitely space out in long and short conversations
my voices also start and take over my mind so i start listening to them instead

1 Like

Yes, I do. I have decided to stay away from people who engage in these long tiring conversations.

I start feeling physical uneasiness because of those.

1 Like