Do you sometimes feel like the laughing track on sitcoms is "live"

Sometimes it feels like the laughing track on my TV is laughing at me:(

That’s called “delusions of reference”. You should let your doctor know that you’re experiencing this.

2 Likes

I thought it was called paranoid schizophrenia. I am already on medications, but this just surface once in a while and then it goes away.

1 Like

Delusions of reference are one of the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia. I have paranoid schizophrenia and I have had delusions of reference in the past.

When I was first hospitalised I thought they were talking about me on tv.

That’s creepy, I’ve never had that one. You can rewind it and play it back maybe that will help prove it’s a recording from the past.

well I kind of feel like I am in a hidden camera show

Live video is tricky why you say audience and not the actors or broadcasters?

Well just that the actors on TV that I watch I know isn’t live but I kind of think that the laugh track can somehow be jacked. It sound so silly but that is the way I feel sometimes

If you search these forums for tv or television you’ll see that the feeling is common.

https://forum.schizophrenia.com/search?context=topic&context_id=170385&q=tv%20or%20television%20%23unusual-beliefs&skip_context=true

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.