Do you sleep with a nightlight? Be real

I said no to the night light, but I do leave the TV on 24/7. It seems to keep me company even when I’m falling asleep

2 Likes

If I had an electrical slot exposed I would. Nightlights are convenient if anything happens at night and you need to get to the switch and you’re messy.

1 Like

someone once stepped on my dogs foot when waking up tired in the middle of the night. it is a sound i never want to hear lol now when he is laying and someone stands up from a chair he springs out of the laying position and gets out the way

2 Likes

I used to sleep with the light on. It was the only way to keep the shadows away. I don’t have that problem anymore, now that I’m properly medicated.

1 Like

I keep a small light on in the bathroom. It put enough light on the living room floor. So I don’t trip over a dog or cat in the middle of the night.

1 Like

My wife and I have a photosensitive nightlight plugged into a corner receptacle so neither of us steps on the doggo in the middle of the night if one of us has to get up.

2 Likes

Between the 10 devices charging and my too bright alarm clock, don’t need one. There’s also the stupid LED in the cat’s water dish and the LED on our new microwave that runs at 1.21 gigawatts. Entire main floor is illuminated.

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been sleeping with the ceiling light on. I really don’t know why though. Maybe it’s because it’s winter with short daylight hours. I much prefer the summertime.

1 Like

I don’t have a nightlight in my bedroom, but I have one just outside the bedroom. It has a motion sensor, so it only comes on when I get out of bed to go to the bathroom or whatnot. Without a light I might trip over something and fall on my crotch.

1 Like

I sleep with the TV on. If it’s off I can’t sleep… past two years

1 Like

I need pitch blackness

1 Like

I have a makeshift lamp that I have covered up partly so it only gives a very small amount of light. Kind of the light you would get from the moon if you hadn’t pulled the curtains. I seem to sleep better with it. Don’t know why though.

1 Like

I have a Philips coloured mood light. I normally have it on whenever I’m in bed. Makes me less anxious about sleep somehow. Was red for a couple of years to mimic sunset - now I have it on green as its meant to be calming. Only occasionally do I turn it off.

2 Likes

You beat my record by two years.

1 Like

I have a nightlight plugged in under my desk. I can’t sleep in total darkness, makes me too paranoid even with me locking my bedroom door and checking my closet every night.

1 Like

I have a nightlight. it helps me to be able to see when I wake up from a nightmare.

2 Likes

Do whatever it takes to be comfortable for crucial sleep. I don’t use a night lite but I do feel the need to have the fan on to produce neutral white noise. It has some efficacy, or it seems to, in preventing voices for me.

3 Likes

I also keep a fan running at night. I need the white noise as total quietness will keep me up.

But no nightlight here.

:rainbow:

2 Likes

Technically no, but I voted yes because there’s a light outside my bedroom window that I make sure to keep my curtains slightly open so as to let some of it in.

If not that then I sleep on the sofa in the living room when I feel like. The stove light is always on.

1 Like

I think it’s Korean superstition that using the fan at night will make someone sick. But if we already are…
it’s a cure.

1 Like