Do you sell your belongings to get by?

I use to have a grounds maintenance business working for a property owner in a nearby town.
He paid me $30 hour cash plus gas and mileage.
That was great money.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about selling my playstation and games and tv. I expect a few hundred dollars. I don’t use them and need the money…

2 Likes

I just put a Sony minidisc player and stereo mic on ebay this morning.
That’s about all I have left that I’m willing to sell.
Next would be books, but I hate to part with them.

1 Like

Crack addiction = selling all possessions.

And lots of begging strangers for hits until they get pissed.
Got clean in 1990.

3 Likes

What a great idea!!

I did that for awhile and made great money but my inventory of valuables is exhausted. What’s left is either something I’ve decided to keep or something that’s not worth what it costs to ship to someone. It’s also able to fit in like two or three boxes.

I got a really expensive mouse and a Corsair Keyboard both hardly ever used that I decided to hang onto, I don’t know why, the computer they were intended for got fried.

Where do you shower if you live on a boat?

Well @anon99082702, there is a shower on the boat but I don’t use it to keep the bilge dry. Instead I shower at the Marina’s shower and laundry facility. It’s a short walk up the dock from the boat.

I’ve been on SSDI for a few years as I get paranoid about anyone with “power” over me (like a boss). I recently went back to work very part time (not even one day a week) by doing technician jobs and anything else that needs doing for a small business owner whom my spouse works for. I was up front about my issues and said my work is reliable, but my schedule isn’t. He’s OK with me coming in whenever because very little of what I do is business critical. I just set up PCs, install applications, change passwords, etc. Also, I’m not technically an “employee”, I get a 1099 every year, I’m my own boss, hence why I get so much leeway with my schedule.

My situation was kinda handed to me (with my spouse working for him and all.) But I think if you ask around or go into some family owned businesses, you might find someone who just needs odd jobs done, even if it’s only a few hours a week.

And yes, I have sold computer parts on eBay just to pay rent and get my monthly crate of ramen way back when I was single. Wasn’t fun, I remember I had to save up for 2 months to afford a $20 belt for the job I had at the time. (Was before my issues popped up.)

1 Like

I try to find a cheap occupation(hobby) like reading, writing, puzzles,drawing. Something i am not getting bored with.

I don’t have much to sell.

Are you getting help with med d? Or maybe switch to lower cost meds.

Other than my guitar, I don’t own anything of value. I’d be devastated to sell my guitar

I am very fortunate to have a husband who supports me, but when times were rough, we’ve done it. They are just things, though, and you can always get more later.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.