Do you Regret the Person you were Before sz?

The only person I regret being was when I briefly lost the voices for a few months because he was a messed up dude. In many ways the person I was before schizophrenia was not much different than the person afterwards because they were both socially inept. The person with schizophrenia is simply more dysfunctional and inwardly distracted. The person who briefly went “back to normal” was angry because of what he lost, revenge minded in a delusional way which is dangerous, and wanted attention almost 24/7 because he missed the voices. He also had manic tendencies, never slept, and was so “happy” he was suicidal.

1 Like

Not been diagnosed too, I’m a bit sad that I had to give up my dreams and studies, I had big plans of changing the world.

4 Likes

I definitely regret some of the decisions I made before my diagnosis. I was craazy.

2 Likes

I was Fearless before Sz. Now I’m afraid of my shadows.

5 Likes

I regret somethings I did. But I did not know better at the time.

3 Likes

I feel like I was brainwashed then and manipulated to live a poor lifestyle, so that I would end up in a bad situation

2 Likes

I regret not being meaner.
I regret not being nicer.

1 Like

I regret my badness.

Thing is I had symptoms as a young child but not the first few years of my life cause I was well developed and outgoing and loved back then.

I regret not being there for Anders.
He was there for me and I was a bad girlfriend and friend.
I was not there for him.
I was not myself but something destructive n hateful was steering me and programming me to do things and it was not me ni wonder if I was inside his body.
He came back but I had lots of boyfriends but I was not compatible with them so why and Anders was stunning when he came back with long hair and a beard.
He said he has things to do.
We lost contact.

I was not a good friend either and had delusions about everyone I think.

I regret my wrongs but I’m not going on a guilt trip as it helps no one .

I regret leaving my dog because I planned on taking her with me and my family were to put her on a plane because I had given her vaccinations and passport but my family said it’s cruel to make her go through quarantine so they let the lady looking after her keep her.

I might regret moving my sacred neigh.
She was so happy surrounded by friends and a herd of other neighers in a huge paddock but because I moved interstate I moved her with me and she will be alone in a paddock much smaller in weather we are not used to.
Was it selfish of me and would she been happier if I gave her to the woman I agisted of and retired her.
She is a live if my life and one of the best things to ever happen to me.

I do not know if she would handle the trip again.
It could kill her to send her back plus several of her buddies have died of old age so the heavenly paddock would not be the same.

I regret being a sl##.
I did not enjoy it and sometimes I was raped.

The only time voices went away was when I slept or was blind drunk.

I was a binge drinker and a very bad drunk.

I would scream at the voices and slap my face trying to make them leave my body.

I was not myself.

I do not know if I can ever marry.

I do not think I am clear with Anders and others.

I want to spend the rest of my life with my man but there’s things I’m not clear or so about.

I was a bad daughter ,sister , friend,girlfriend etc

But it wasn’t me in a way…

Other people were steering me with hate.

I was bullied and I regret hanging around with those people because some of them were nice.

I am not sure if I can hang out with his friends n family
I isolated so long and they are kind of people my mum warned me about religious …
Possibly extremist church goers

It wasn’t me as shaggy sings.

Those who know me know me those who don’t don’t

But seriously

Anyway I have done things I regret.

Or that I think was bad and wrong

I had a son or did I kill him or did I save his life and give him to a woman to take care of him .
I do not think of it I have prayed about it and I do believe in miracles.

I pray to improve myself inside and out.

I apolagise in my prayers sometimes .

I am not a member of any religion but I believe in my god so to say.:blush::gift_heart:

I was filling in where I have worked the other week and it looked funny when I write a Islamic centre (I’m not a Muslim but tried to be one cause I had a Muslim boyfriend and I had a delusion my father was one but it was delusions and I am not Muslim)
Then beside that it said I have been a very very bad stripper .

Lol

Pretty different occupations

I am in pension now and have enough taking care of home doing dishes cooking etc

I don’t regret the person I was before my sza. But, I do regret the person I became after the sza started. The sza had it’s first beginnings when I was 17 and I got into a really bad religion when I was 18 and I maintained that religion for 23 years. And those were the years when my symptoms were really bad. I got into a wonderful religion at the age of 45 and that’s when all my sza symptoms started to disappear. I know who’s responsible for my recovery.

I’ve had symptoms probably since birth. Mom took me to a psychologist when I was 3yo because I ran across the room and butted my head against the wall. My guess is, to try to stop the music playing in my head. The psychologist could find nothing wrong with me, but how could I know that hearing music was abnormal? I wouldn’t have reported that to him.

No regrets because I’ve always had this disease.

Maybe, if I hadn’t left my job and passed through the whole “schizophrenia” stuff, I wouldn’t have learned many stuff about me and I wouldn’t have the current knowledge I have now.

I regret how quiet and distant I was from friends and family. I felt no one could ever relate to my bad childhood and being alone was better than explaining myself.
I regret not going after my passions…but who knows I could’ve been sick all along and never knew it.

I completely relate to this. I have quit so many jobs and lost so many ‘friends’

My main problem was drugs though. I was lucky enough at high school to get taken in by some of the older students who got me addicted to drugs when I was 12… It wasn’t until I got a court order when I was 17 to undertake drugs counselling did things really change. By 18 I had drug induced psychosis, and that put an end to all of that.

I was doing ok until I was about 22, then the psychosis came back and I wish I had never tried to hide it, but I was delusional and thought I had special powers that would get me into trouble.

So yes, lots of regrets.

I’m the same person I was before and after mostly. Still the silly fun weird person. I’m a more responsible husband now, that’s really the only major change :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.