Do you realize "I am sick"?

I am not sure about its definition, taken from the Internet:

We possess the capacity to feel, and thereby the ability to know things without consciously reasoning. The “gut feeling” is real, and we use it all the time.

It says (1) consciously reasoning, and (2) capacity to feel (gut feeling).

So the first one use logical reasoning, and the second one mostly use feeling.
(Correct me if I am wrong)

Just a theory, (which I have came up with quite long time ago on this forum)

The heart can be our second brain! So don’t be surprised if someone says to you “Your heart is okay, but your mind…”

It’s simple, I got out of denial just a few months ago. In my papers to the pdoc there’s a lot of “I don’t think I’m ill” answers from last year. They stopped giving them for me to answer when I admitted I have an illness.

Ah, ok. Well I’m not knowing for sure and I’m also not sure in a feeling level either. Because half of me will always being questioning this mental illness. That part of me is keeping a possibility that my guests in my mind are actually real. So if I’d force myself to label my voices/guests as delusions, I’d get hurt when they appear again.

That’s interesting…Were you forced to admit it?

Not really, they kept saying I have sza, I kept saying I didn’t. In the meanwhile I accepted it.

Sound to me like you are in the process of decision making. Sorry, just joking.

I am not sure about yours. It is a difficult choice to make, isn’t it?

Well I’ve not been directly forced to admitt it, but my nurse said it would make my condition easier if I would.
I had a conversation with my voices yesterday, I was interviewed by them and while they have STILL not gone away - I feel like I got further a bit with my SZ.

1 Like

Oh sorry, “Were you forced to admit it” was directed at Minnii…

But I am glad that the same question is relevant to you as well.

:flushed: Sound like “oppression”(not sure if this is the best word to describe) to me…

I don’t see it that way. I do have an illness and it’s their job to treat me for it and to make me realize I have it.

2 Likes

I find it hard to have an emotion concur with anything I am thinking. Lots of times that is not the case although sometimes it is. But I find that asking myself questions in the heat of the moment such as, “so what?” and “who cares?” tend to bring me a sense of clarity.

A forum member here highlighted to me before that the feeling and thinking of a schizophrenic is disconnected. Do you think this make sense?

But I find that asking myself questions in the heat of the moment such as, “so what?” and “who cares?” tend to bring me a sense of clarity.

True, I can feel it as well.

Yes I do. Even now I feel that they don’t quite compliment each other. So I have some techniques from an old group I used to go to that brings the emotional mind and thinking mind together to create and improve the wise mind.

Thank you.

1 Like

Brilliant technique. Would you like to elaborate more about its techniques?
That would save me lots of time figuring out myself!

Sure. It can be simple as meditation when an emotion comes up. Noticing the emotion, giving a name to it, sitting quietly with your two sides coming together in the moment.

It can also be as simple as validation: Focus on the inherent worth of the person you are validating, observe thoughts; expressions; words said, honor your experiences by sitting quietly with them, describe non-judgmentally the facts of the situation, said what has not been said, and find what is true about the situation.

Other things like being able to correctly identify what you’re experiencing and ask the questions about it that will lead you to forming an opinion and then putting that opinion to the test. Then telling people what you found from that test.

Things like this work for me and that last one is just a personal favorite of mind. It helps but it can also cause people to become very harsh to each other if they are not willing to take people’s opinions after having told them things. But it can also be very liberating so I put it here anyway.

1 Like

Most of the tine im told or reminded im sick seldom do i understand im sick.

1 Like

Sometimes I worry I’m just being a hypochondriac, despite if I always looked at the big picture, I would never doubt I’m mentally ill. It doesn’t help that people constantly tell me “nothing is wrong with you”…

“What have I done, and why? I must have forgotten my medicine. I’ve got a condition. It’s bad to forget your medicine when you’ve got a condition.” ~ Marv

3 Likes

“I don’t know about you but I’m havin’ a ball…” ~ Marv

1 Like