Do you realize "I am sick"?

1. I know that “I am sick”
  2. I realize that “I am sick”

Which one are you?

I think the second one is more difficult, is it not?

(Most of the time I have difficulty to elaborate using English, so please be patient as I have to keep the paragraph short to avoid grammatical errors.)

1 Like

I’ve been asked by psychiatrists in the past if I believed I had schizophrenia, and when I was at my sickest, I would respond ‘no’. When I was doing OK, I would respond ‘yes’ as my senses/insight had returned.

3 Likes

I was always negative person but i would never thought that i have heavy sickness like sz.but lately i accept my disease thats why i think i m belonging to second class

1 Like

Do you ask yourself question like “What am I doing now?”, “Where am I?”, “Who am I?”. I mean knowing the facts is one thing, but to realize them is another. What do you think? @everhopeful @anon68444330

1 Like

No, at least I don’t anyway.

İ don t know 151515

Thank you…to both of you.

1 Like

I think those are meaningful questions to ask. I don’t think I have ever realized that I am sick but I have known it. I mean I pick things out of my behavior to notice that it occurs with SZA but according to my doctors I have improved.

Thank you.

Yes, this is what I am thinking about, too.

I am still learning from various information on the Internet if this is caused by psychotropic drugs itself or by the brain disorder.

I hit myself with that too. I never know what caused it. I do know that they don’t have a clear idea of which either.

EDIT: “They” as in scientists

1 Like

I know… I realized not that long ago.

Wow Minnii, can you please share with us?

I realize that I am sick. But I’m responding very well to my meds so sometimes I wonder if I’d be OK if I quit them… Probably won’t, but I do wonder.

That means you’re progressing very well.

Do you mind I ask you a question: “Can you discern or reason something”-- as opposed to someone who use instinct.

What do you mean?

Pardon my English.

Taken from the WWW:

Reasoning:
the process of thinking about something in a logical way in order to form a conclusion or judgment.

as opposed to…

Gut feelings:
that specific emotion, innate to us as humans, is intuition. We possess the capacity to feel, and thereby the ability to know things without consciously reasoning. The “gut feeling” is real, and we use it all the time

In another word, do you use your mental power, or do you use your heart?

1 Like

I probably use my reasoning more. I have a lot of emotions, but emotions can be confusing. :upside_down: And my emotions are not as strong anymore because of my meds and maybe the illness.

2 Likes

Thank you for that reply.

I think it is either reasoning or emotion (gut feeling), cannot be both.

What’s the difference between these two??